News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

While i had it in bits, i also fitted the new, shortened speedo cable, looks a lot better now.  :icon_biggrin:

rybes

just re read ya thread on ya bike and its a nice machine alright  :thumbsup you can get some nasty lookin stuff in float bowls cant ya. last carb i done had some kind of toffee lookin muck in the bottom. tasted sweet too so god knows what that was. what speedo cable you use in the end and how long is it ? mines just a inch too short. think it was off a speedmaster.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Cheers Rybes, i got the cable from http://www.triumphparts.co.uk/index.php/2/207049/

Have to buy their longest one and get it shortened,  as it`s  the only one that will fit.

It`s 126cm long, then it needs shortening by 10cm, so final length is 116cm.

here`s the product code;

Speedo cable outer length 126cm
Product code: 725
More information

Longest speedo cable we stock at 126cm. Ideal for modified bikes where extra length may be required.

I had it shortened by http://www.venhill.co.uk/Home

Cable was £15, cost of shortening was £15, so £30 for a speedo cable  :icon_lol:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: rybes on November 17, 2013, 09:43:38 AM
  tasted sweet too so god knows what that was.

:bug_eye good grief, remind me to stand you a decent meal next time I see you, or would you prefer I save the scrapings out of my Steamer carbs for your next sandwich?  And some people have a go at us Jocks for Haggis  :icon_rolleyes:

Seriously I'm dreading opening up mine, wouldn't start after taking it out of the crate.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

cheers Rf  :thumbsup i shall be on the phone to those in the week
and theres no way sin id eat a sandwich of that stuff. im gluten intollerant so cant eat wheat. stick it on a rice cake tho and youll make me a happy man lol

rf9rider

Rybes, before you spend money on a new cable, you can have my old one, it will just need shortening.

PM me and we`ll sort it.  :thumbsup

And i still have those fork seal protectors if you still want them?

rf9rider

Since cleaning the carbs out, been starting it regularly and letting it run for a while, all is well, just waiting for a dry day to get out on it.  :icon_rolleyes:

rybes

Quote from: rf9rider on December 18, 2013, 03:07:36 AM
Since cleaning the carbs out, been starting it regularly and letting it run for a while, all is well, just waiting for a dry day to get out on it.  :icon_rolleyes:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: thatll be june then  :XXsunsmile

rf9rider

Probably  :icon_lol:

We`ve had a few decent days but i`m always at work, never seems to be dry at the weekends

nickjtc

Quote from: rf9rider on March 17, 2012, 10:53:05 PM
Got the rear brake fitted, underslung from a Trophy, torque arm from a Honda VF1000, looks a lot better than the original i think.

This whole thread was a good read. Thanks for that.

Just an observation vis a vis the 'low slung' caliper placement. It's interesting the different viewpoints out there. Over on the Bonneville/Thruxton site they are really up on switching the caliper position from under the swingarm (per 'stock') to over; you have to get an adaptor plate to make it work. This gets it out of the way of road crud and mung that is thrown up.

Aesthetics notwithstanding, of course.  :qgaraduate
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

rf9rider

Thanks, glad someone enjoyed it!

I`ve been looking into having a plate made to protect the caliper from road crud, but then again, it`s not often i ride it in the rain etc, it`s more of a Sunday afternoon toy  :icon_lol:

nickjtc

Quote from: rf9rider on December 19, 2013, 11:47:59 PM
I`ve been looking into having a plate made to protect the caliper from road crud, but then again, it`s not often i ride it in the rain etc, it`s more of a Sunday afternoon toy  :icon_lol:

It is not really an issue for us here, either, since we cannot ride in the winter (-10c this morning). And a significant number of riders I have come into contact with absolutely refuse to ride in any wet weather.

rf9rider

Nice in the summer over there though, we were in Niagara Falls last year, a lot of bikes about.

nickjtc

And even nicer hereabouts! Amongst the best riding roads in the world, imho. And summer weather that is predictable.  :thumbsup

rf9rider

The saga continues.

Seems JB Weld is not petrol resistant, as i was in the garage a couple of weeks ago, thought i could smell petrol.

On closer inspection, i found the leak, the JB Weld had turned to goo and petrol was seeping through.

So, off with the tank and cleaned up the gooey mess, and after a bit of surfing the interweb, came across this, Permatex 2, which is supposed to be petrol resistant.

I`m leaving the tank off as i`m away for a week, will have a look when i get back to see if it has sealed ok.

Although i do have a plan B  :bad