News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Throttle body Gaskets....

Started by peds, September 18, 2011, 02:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peds

I made a new set of throttle body gaskets using an old method which can be used in a variety of applications. It may be useful to some, and here's how I did it:

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

STEP 4

Hope this helps someone out along the way!!
"I\'d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel".

Bixxer Bob

I've done that in the past but for those who haven't it would be good to edit in some notes to expand on what you're doing Peds.  By the way, the actual gasket is about 70p.....

And you did use some gasket goo didn't you?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

peds

Oh yes - gasket goo was used and the gaskets doubled up too!! :D  :D
"I\'d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel".

iansoady

Quote from: "peds"Oh yes - gasket goo was used and the gaskets doubled up too!! :D  :D

Not necessarily a good idea. Those of us who remember Amal Concentrics know that putting too thick a gasket and overtightening the flange bolts (overtightening in this context being only slightly more than finger tight) will bow the flanges.

Not saying yours will, but.....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Mustang

metalguru

:iagree

+1 on that, weren't those old warped concentrics great!!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Mustang

I had a set of Amals on a 67 bonnie that were so egg shaped the slides would stick once you got past 3/4 throttle and there was no way to get them back down without taking the tops off .
made for serious pucker factor  :shock:

metalguru

It's suprising how difficult it is to find the off switch when the throttle sticks open on those....AAHHH Cherished memories of exercising certain muscles.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "metalguru"It's suprising how difficult it is to find the off switch when the throttle sticks open ....

You're not kidding  :shock:

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewto ... t=throttle
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ChazzyB

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"And you did use some gasket goo didn't you?

I was advised "no goo" for the throttle body gasket. There was no evidence of any having been used before when I removed my bike's throttle bodies. The bike's running sweetly - apart from its altitude aversion.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Bixxer Bob

As long as you use the non-setting variety what harm can it do?

Given that there's only two screws per body and they're made of chocolate, I'm a belt and braces kinda guy.....  :D