News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

** SOLD ** Bill Mayer custom saddle - brand new

Started by walker, October 07, 2011, 04:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walker

SOLD

Yes, you read that right. Brand new. You get the drivers, and the pillion.

$275 + you pay actual shipping for both

(I will get you a shipping quote - the box will probably be oversize, and UPS / FedEx do dimensional weight - from here to california can range between $45 and $60... I'd rather use that one so they get there safe). Local pick ups don't need shipping obviously!

Details

I had one made for a 2006 bike, and paid for a spare based off of the original seat once I got the first bill mayer back from them.

I had them build out this driver's seat - the pillion is just a recover with the original foam (never used for a passenger though). That way the pillion and the driver's foam match. All the little rubber bumpers are present. It's been hanging on the wall, so they need to go. You'll have to break them in - fresh seat foam / vinyl.

Pics (click on each for a larger version)

nd4spd

Hi, Was the ride height altered at all?  I'm 6'2" approx 225lbs, just wondering how the seat was configured from Bill...  I'm very interested - THX!

Mark

walker

ride height is a bit higher. I asked for foam that would be a 400 mile or so day. Not the stiffest, it's their medium setup I guess you'd call it. I had them keep the nose of the saddle as narrow and short as they could, but they like to build that area up.... I sent 2 of them back to have it shaved down a bit, and that's where this one is.

They'll add a "pillow top foam" which is how they keep a smooth appearance - it's an additional layer over the entire thing... adds a few mm of padding if any.

It's probably increased the ride height 1/2 inch, maybe 3/4.... I didn't want it too high because I was already on the balls of my feet with the bike - however - I wanted more space between the peg and the seat.... so the compromise was the lowered pegs, and a seat that raised you up just a small amount when in the riding position.

I've had other bill mayer seats on other bikes - they fit the tiger nicely. The bonneville is actually a good one too if done on the king and queen pan / foam.

nd4spd

Where did you find the lowered pegs...?  I like the sound of that combination - I'm taking this bike to Alaska next year, so I'll be spending 3 weeks in the saddle...  The additional leg room would be welcomed.

walker

one of the members here makes them.

here is the website:
http://www.knlcycle.com/

direct link to the pegs page:

http://knlcycle.homelinux.com/pegs.htm

nd4spd

Good info - by the way - got the seat and shock yesterday - Thanks much!