News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coolant overflowing !!!

Started by Bluepaul, October 12, 2011, 07:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluepaul

Hi,

On a recent trip up to the Highlands of Scotland I had a problem with coolant spurting out of the overflow pipe by my left peg !!!
I'd gone about 150 miles when a mate on a GS pulled over thinking he was out of fuel. I stopped and went over to him, leaving my Tiger ticking over, when I returned (2 mins max) coolant was spurting out over my left foot peg.
Noticed the temp gauge was at max, so switched it off.

5 mins later I started her up again and rode on for another 100 miles. No problems, temp gauge barely reached mid way.

On my way back home, after another 1000 miles, I had to pull over to put my water proofs on, this time I noticed the temp gauge shoot up and quickly followed by more coolant spurting out. After switching the engine off for a couple of mins, I started her up again and continued with the rest of my journey, again, with no problems.

So, my question is (at last :oops: ) is this normal on a long run or do I have a possible big problem ?

Cheers
Paul

Mustang

two words ....................

SEARCH BUTTON

here's a hint type "coolant overflow"
make sure to tick the search all terms button

it's been discussed and beat to death a million times

usually the radiator cap is at fault  :shock:

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Mustang"two words ....................

SEARCH BUTTON

Your worse than me  :roll: ,even I cringe  :lol: about as subtle as a rat with gold tooth  :D ,but you are right of course!!

What made me smile most was the fact that Birmingham is a mixture of areas,from the sublime to the rediculous, the folks in Solihull like to be a little aloof I've also friends in Sutton Coldfield who get a little sniffy if you suggest they come from Birmingham!!!  :D  :D

Oh the water problem!!

Radiator cap.

And welcome to the madhouse  :wink:

Timbox2

Quote from: "Chris Canning"
Quote from: "Mustang"two words ....................

SEARCH BUTTON

Your worse than me  :roll: ,even I cringe  :lol: about as subtle as a rat with gold tooth  :D ,but you are right of course!!

What made me smile most was the fact that Birmingham is a mixture of areas,from the sublime to the rediculous, the folks in Solihull like to be a little aloof I've also friends in Sutton Coldfield who get a little sniffy if you suggest they come from Birmingham!!!  :D  :D

Oh the water problem!!

Radiator cap.

And welcome to the madhouse  :wink:

I know a bloke who is known as Dudley Bob, when I first met him I made the mistake of saying, "So, you from Brum", Jeez, youd have thought I'd pissed on his kids :shock:
2016 Tiger Sport