News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WANTED..... CORBIN SEAT FOR MY STEAMER

Started by theclowncrusty, November 06, 2011, 08:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theclowncrusty

As title says, i want a Corbin or similar seat for my Steamer for when i tour Scotland next year and have 9 days in the saddle.
What have you got? Price not really an issue as i am finding aftermarket parts for this bike are hard to come by and seem to hold their money.
Crusty

rf9rider

Have you thought about getting your standard seat rebuilt to Corbin spec? Chap who recovered mine last year does it for around £150.

http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/index.htm

theclowncrusty

Hi, thanks for the link, i wiil give him a ring tomorrow and see what he can do.....
Mark :D

rf9rider

If you look on triumph-ant site, you can see his work, think there`s a picture of a seat he rebuilt, Corbin style.

Here ya go, scroll down to bottom pic

http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/seats.html

theclowncrusty

bump (mot sure if this is against forum rules?) still looking for a Corbin/ rocking horse sh#te seat. These things are rarer than than anything i have tried to get hold of EVER. Didnt anyone treat their ride back in the day?   :(
Crusty

rybes

there was one on ebay not so long ago. couldnt tell ya if it sold or not tho. ill go have a look
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

theclowncrusty

BUGGER! missed that one :evil:  thanks for looking

rybes

sorry mate it wernt there. i get emails of ebay when corbins come up so if i see another one ill let ya know  :)

rf9rider

That Corbin on Ebay went for £195, i was watching it but too much for me  :lol:

Did you ever speak to Dave about rebuilding your own?

rybes

Quote from: "rf9rider"That Corbin on Ebay went for £195, i was watching it but too much for me  :lol:

Did you ever speak to Dave about rebuilding your own?

how much  :shock: i now feel very lucky. woulda been cheaper too if it wernt for you biddin it up  :lol:

theclowncrusty

Going to see Dave at Digger seats in the morning about sorting my Tigger seat out, will post pics when i get it back.
Crusty :wink:

rf9rider

Quote from: "theclowncrusty"Going to see Dave at Digger seats in the morning about sorting my Tigger seat out, will post pics when i get it back.
Crusty :wink:

Tell him to check his emails, i`m waiting for a response to do mine  :lol:

GavD

Could you both post pics please,

The missus is gonna pay for mine to be done for my birthday, I'd like to check yours out to see what looks good.

Cheers boys
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rf9rider

Will do.
My seat will be on its way tomorrow  :D

Meanwhile, this it what it should turn out like as this is Dave`s work.

(See bottom pic)

http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/seats.html

rybes