News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Official Triumph Loud Exhaust

Started by BigDan, November 14, 2011, 08:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDan

Hi all,

Anyone know how good these are? One cheap on eBay I am thinking about, just need to get ride of that "off road only" imprint, lol.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

ChazzyB

Quote from: "BigDan"Hi all,

Anyone know how good these are? One cheap on eBay I am thinking about, just need to get ride of that "off road only" imprint, lol.

Mine still bears the words. You'll need to give it the right 'tune' too, for best effect.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Bixxer Bob

How much is cheap?

NEC show price for a Blue Flame is  around £160, good tone and legal (or not if you take the baffles out) .
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

I used a Triumph Off road can/race can whatever you want to call it,had it on a 885i for two years then fitted on my 955 from day one,sounds good and works really,but what drove me nuts ,stand at the back of a Tiger exhaust side look down the side of the can and you can see the crease from the inside were they put the internal baffle they are all like it,I mean FFS in todays day and age you'd think Triumph could find someone to do a better job,have had a Remus on ever since,the world is your oyster for Tiger cans from pretty dam good to the very tacky  :roll:

I'd leave the Offroad only on,if by some chance you come across a smart arse copper having a bad day who knows what his doing you'll be in a world of pain if he thinks he can prove you did.

PeteH

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"How much is cheap?

£40 inc, with 5 days to go.

If you do get the Triumph can, you can always put some ally tape over the stamp, I was told that MOT testers and Police cant remove it, but if pulled you have to prove that its legal...thats where the original can comes in handy :wink:

As mentioned, there`s plenty of other cans out there...best search thro posts to see who`s happy with what and then decide.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Ironhorse

After searching for weeks to find the method of opening a stock can I did it 2 nights ago and I couldn't be happier. Great tone and certainly more punch across the board. Takes longer to find the tools in the shop than it does to mod the muffler. And the noise level is very moderate. Email me if interested. Joe

BigDan

Cheers for the advice guys, I was initially gonna be looking at a Blueflame can but I saw this on eBay and thought it might be a good alternative.

I'll stick with plan A :)

Cheers guys!
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Bixxer Bob

if you get a BF, search for my post on fitting it as lining it up so it doesn't foul the pannier takes patience.

actually, it's here:,

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... e&start=20
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...