News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Saab 9-5 Aero 2.3T Black Manual Saloon - Swindon

Started by Dex, November 15, 2011, 01:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex

With great regret the time has come to sell my Saab. I've owned it since May 2010 and covered 15k of completely trouble free miles.
I purchased it from a close friend, who'd owned it since 2006 and had maintained it regardless of cost, so I knew it was a safe bet.

Those who've owned Saabs before will know they are built to last, despite the mileage the car is completely sound, in great cosmetic and mechanical condition, drives well and goes like stink.
I won't trot out the "just run in" line, but I've no reason to doubt it has plenty of miles left in it. I'm only selling as I now commute 600 miles a week and need a diesel. If I could afford to I'd be keeping it as a second car to enjoy.

The car is the top spec model - the Aero 2.3 High Output Turbo, rated at 230bhp from new and this one benefits from an Abbott Racing stage 1 ECU upgrade giving a sensible increase in power without stressing components. Abbott racing are well known for tuning Saabs, they carried out the upgrade at 160k Miles, so you can be sure they were confident the car was sound.

The car is standard apart from the ECU upgrade and fully loaded with toys (it's a better spec than my replacement!) With 4 Electric windows, heated electric mirrors, heated leather, dual zone climate control, auto-dimming rear view mirror, cd/tape/radio and carbon fibre dash insert.

The bodywork is in great condition. No car of 11 years old and 180k miles is immaculate, so I've listed *everything* that isn't - that way when you come to view you'll know exactly what to expect. The interior is near on immaculate, the driver's seat bolster isn't worn, the leather has no rips.

Really Good Points:

Great Spec
Very comfortable, very fast
Totally reliable

Faults:

The filler flap has some rusting at the rear edge (it's the only rust I can find on the bodywork)
The shark fin aerial rubber has perished
There is a dent on the front passenger door from an inconsiderate driver in a supermarket car park. Needless to say they left no note! You'll see from the pics a slight "wave" in the reflection in the panel, that's pretty much the only way you can see the dent so I've tried to show it as honestly as possible.

A few pics...

Interior

Rust at rear of filler flap

Perished rubber on Aerial

Dent on front passenger door

Full Service History

13 Oct 11   183,400      2x Bridgestone S-001 Front Tyres
05 Oct 11   182,576      Aircon service / Re-Gas
04 May 11   177,789      Front and Rear discs and pads replaced
26 Apr 11   177,789      Service and MOT, Coolant change
11 Dec 10   175,448      Upper and Lower rear spherical joints replaced
27 Nov 10   175,141      2 x Bridgestone RE-050 Rear Tyres
24 Jul 10                 2 x Bridgestone RE-050 Front Tyres
12 May 10   168,304      MOT
04 Mar 10                 Service, rear wheel bearing
15 Jan 10   167,169      A/C Stepper motor replaced, O/S/F Window rollers replaced
17 Nov 09   165,760      Vacuum Hose replaced
21 May 09   161,605      MOT
26 Apr 09   160,395      Abbott Racing ECU Upgrade
17 Feb 09   159,078      Service, rear pads,
26 Jan 09                 Replace air inlet with later item
24 Dec 08                 2 x Bridgestone RE-050 Tyres
23 May 08   151,678      MOT
25 Jan 08   147,022      150k Service, Sump and pick-up pipe remove and clean, replace breather hoses
21 Jul 07   138,121      Aircon service / Re-Gas
16 May 07   135,441      Service
03 May 06   127,745      MOT
21 Apr 06   126,105      Service
13 May 05   116,368      Service
20 May 05   99,900      Service
13 Jan 04   90,682      Service
25 Jul 03   77,887      Service
10 Mar 03   67,546      Service
21 Aug 02   54,819      Service
19 Jul 02   42,281      Service
21 Sep 01   29,255      Service
08 May 01   18,090      Service
18 Dec 00   6,035      Service
04 Oct 00   7              PDI Service

MOT Expires      25 May 2012
Tax Expires      30 Apr 2012

Price: £1100
Email / Phone: [email:lbwxa2wh]Andybetson@hotmail.com[/email:lbwxa2wh] 07905 796373
*** Only a few of life\'s problems can\'t be solved with sufficient application of High Explosive ***

Nick Calne

Hello fellow Saab 9-5 Aero HOT owner.  Didn't know there were cup holders in the centre rear arm rest... That'll please the kids.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Dex

lol! Hello fellow saab and tiger owner :)

I've just realised that this was my first post on the forum  :oops:  which I know is massively rude.

I've been a lurker for a while (I have a white Tiger 800) on here, but since I know Triumph owners appreciate good vehicles, I thought there might be others who knew the understated brilliance of Saabs.

I guess if you have one you don't need another - but if you have any mates who like yours and fancy something similar....
*** Only a few of life\'s problems can\'t be solved with sufficient application of High Explosive ***

Mustang

Quote from: "Dex"I've just realised that this was my first post on the forum  :oops:  which I know is massively rude.

QuoteI've been a lurker for a while (I have a white Tiger 800) on here,

I almost pulled your add but decided to let it ride , why not go to the tiger gallery section and introduce yourself and post up a pic of that 800  :D

Sin_Tiger

Though you'd taken a wrong leaving Swondon  :o
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Mustang, don't delete.  Living in Wiltshire, driving a saab and riding a tiger - obviously a good bloke.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Mustang

Quote from: "nickcalne"Mustang, don't delete.  Living in Wiltshire, driving a saab and riding a tiger - obviously a good bloke.
Yeah I figured that out a couple days ago that's why it's still here  :D

still waiting for a proper intro though

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "nickcalne"Mustang, don't delete.  Living in Wiltshire, driving a saab and riding a tiger - obviously a good bloke.

Your going soft in your old age,you''ll be on the RAT site next  :lol:

Dex

Quote from: "Mustang"

Thanks for the tolerance Mustang :)

Hello thread now added, with pics and everything. Meanwhile, wanna buy a saab? :D