News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TIGER 955I HUGGER

Started by rcgomes, November 18, 2011, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "PeteH"That NWS huggers the same as mine...didnt thing the 885 would fit the 955 cast wheel??

It doesn't.  I bought one sold on Ebay as fitting the 955 but it didn't. took some fairly major surgery to get it to fit which I wouldn't recommend to anyone with anything less than good hand skills. :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rcgomes

and DIY homemade hugger? always spare some money, since a hugger is not 100% effective. someone has an idea?

PeteH

Best to go with a hugger..any hugger, then go with KK or TT`s option of the fender extender.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

jphish

I always prefer simple solutions for my simple mind. My 955 tigger already has a "mudflap" just behind rear shock to keep mud / debris from gumming up the works. My 800xc does not. Just found a set of motorcycle mudflaps on JCWhitney site - ordered 2 sets. They are hard rubber & the small one appears as though it will mount nicely (with only slight modification) to the bottom of battery box to protect rear shock - will use the other 2 as front fender extenders to reduce splooge on radiators, and the last one, on rear fender to decrease rooster tail landing on my riding buddy. 2 sets of flaps (4 total) for $18 shipped. Take a look.

rcgomes

Quote from: "jphish"I always prefer simple solutions for my simple mind. My 955 tigger already has a "mudflap" just behind rear shock to keep mud / debris from gumming up the works. My 800xc does not. Just found a set of motorcycle mudflaps on JCWhitney site - ordered 2 sets. They are hard rubber & the small one appears as though it will mount nicely (with only slight modification) to the bottom of battery box to protect rear shock - will use the other 2 as front fender extenders to reduce splooge on radiators, and the last one, on rear fender to decrease rooster tail landing on my riding buddy. 2 sets of flaps (4 total) for $18 shipped. Take a look.

hello, thanks for your help. I received email from redfox and say it has not yet hugger for my bike.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PeteH

The NWS one will fit, google Pyramid Plastics :)
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Bixxer Bob

just  make sure you order the right one for your model :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bobbalar

Got an NWS hugger on mine, must say it does fit well and looks the part too, going to go kuzzinKennys route and fit a flap to the rear mudguard as my topbox and especially the detatching lock get full of crap after a wet run out.
2004 Girly in Black.
1964 AJS Model 31 CSR in Blue.

BigDan

I got the skidmarx one, it looks the bizz!

And my bike already came with a mudguard extender btw;

2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

rcgomes

these look good hugger, but I've seen users who say huggers are fragile and break easily in the cratered terrain and with so much weight on the bike. A photo at the end of a trip with mud helped a lot, helped to see if the hugger really does the job well