News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cee Bailey screen

Started by BigDan, November 20, 2011, 12:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDan

Hi all,

Whats the cheapest way to get a Cee Bailey screen?

To buy direct from them would be £145, but then I don't know if I would be charged by customs when it comes in or not...

They charge 130$ for the screen, and 100$ postage - would it be cheaper to ask someone in the US to buy it and send it to me?

I'm looking at the "type 2" one, with the added "winglets" lol.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

rf9rider

I buy a lot of stuff from the USA, from both shops and privately, just depends on your luck if you get stung for import tax, although the bigger shops tend to use the most expensive shipping for some reason.

BigDan

Do you know what the rates are? If I buy this $130/£82 item (+£63 shipping) and I do get stung, what would I have to pay extra to the tax man?

Appreciate your help mate, thanks :)

Tigertriple

Quote from: "BigDan"Hi all,

Whats the cheapest way to get a Cee Bailey screen?

To buy direct from them would be £145, but then I don't know if I would be charged by customs when it comes in or not...

They charge 130$ for the screen, and 100$ postage - would it be cheaper to ask someone in the US to buy it and send it to me?

I'm looking at the "type 2" one, with the added "winglets" lol.

My advise would be to buy a Palmer products adjustable screen. Uk based company and a excellent product. In my opinion far better than Cee Bailey screen as it's fully adjustable.  :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Chris Canning

I'm not even going to get into the Palmer screen,it's more of an admission of buying the wrong bike,should of had an FJR1300 or a GT1300

I digress

Re buying from the States,I've had a few things over the years,ranging from waiting till I could get someone to bring a part in a suite case to just down right beating sthe system.

I'm not going into what(the net makes the world very small!!) but I saw something for sale in the States,contacted the seller arranged a price,then explained that I needed his help and me take a risk to beat the system,it was sold as second hand and the guy put a low price on the cost of the package,which mean't there was a low insurance cost,the risk being if the parcel had gone amiss I'd have got little back and were  talking big bucks here. :roll:

There is another solution and I'll PM you if you want,I've learned in the past you are telling the 'world' on the net,and it can work against you.

But the most important part,you need help from the guy at the other end in the States,I know of one retailer who promises to help,and then just sends in the post just as the norm and you get hammered by Mr Parcel Force man  :evil:

chairhead

I too have purchased from the states,

and have been stung by import taxes this end a couple of times,

it all depends on what/how the "seller" fills in the customs form,

i always ask for them to mark it as a gift and reduce what the item is

really worth,

but like Chris said,they can agree to all of this just to get you t buy the

product and then do nothing,leaving you with the customs bill to pay this

end.

You pay's your money you takes your chance

what screen are you using ATM Dan?

@ Chris,

whats wrong with the Palmer screen,remember,

"Autoglass replace,Autoglass repair!!"  :ImaPoser
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Chris Canning

Whats the point of buying a traillie to hide behind a bloody big piece of plastic  :?

BigDan

Because it isn't a traillie to me, its a tourer and I don't like doing masses of miles with my head bobbling around due to what I can only describe as "epic buffeting" lol.

I had the standard flip up screen that someone had extended by about 4 inches (but it was quite narrow at the top, so didn't work for me). So I took off the extension, still got buffeted.

Took off the whole screen and just rode without one but that was bad too.

So Now I've got the standard flip up screen, with the flip up bit cut off. Which is not as bad, but still bad :P I'll go take a look at the palmer screen, cheers.

BigDan

Thanks everyone for the comments but after seeing the Palmer products, I think I might just be sold! Love the adjustability of it, and I don't even have to spend the money on their screen I could buy a used one from another bike with a large screen off the bay... Nice :)

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Whats the point of buying a traillie to hide behind a bloody big piece of plastic  :?

If Triumph had built the Tiger with a standard screen that did not cause excessive buffeting and turbulence for riders that are more than five feet tall, there would be no need to upgrade the screen. Removing the screen completely also fixes this problem. I wonder why so many screens are available. Surely it's not because people have bought the wrong bike.

Each to their own. Why stop at screens :?: What about alternative seats, huggers etc  :shock:

Also cheating  the tax man of revenue in my opinion is as bad as benefit fraud, which costs the UK £m's every year. No wonder this country is screwed. :(

All of the above is just my opinion of course :D

Tigertriple

Quote from: "BigDan"Because it isn't a traillie to me, its a tourer and I don't like doing masses of miles with my head bobbling around due to what I can only describe as "epic buffeting" lol.

:iagree

BigDan

Quote from: "Tigertriple"Also cheating  the tax man of revenue in my opinion is as bad as benefit fraud, which costs the UK £m's every year. No wonder this country is screwed. :(

If this was available in the UK, but I was getting it abroad because it is cheaper, then I would agree. But what I want is not available in the UK so I don't think it should be charged.

Tigertriple

Quote from: "BigDan"
Quote from: "Tigertriple"Also cheating  the tax man of revenue in my opinion is as bad as benefit fraud, which costs the UK £m's every year. No wonder this country is screwed. :(

If this was available in the UK, but I was getting it abroad because it is cheaper, then I would agree. But what I want is not available in the UK so I don't think it should be charged.

Have a look here for the UK supplier, with tax paid prices.

http://www.sportouring.com/gallery.php? ... Choosen=63

:oops:

BigDan

Aha! Nice one, thank you. Now I just have to choose :)

I've googled for a UK supplier before, you certainly are a fountain of knowledge :P

Cheers mate

Tigertriple

Quote from: "BigDan"Aha! Nice one, thank you. Now I just have to choose :)

I've googled for a UK supplier before, you certainly are a fountain of knowledge :P

Cheers mate

No problem Big Dan. Happy to help you out. :D