News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cee Bailey screen

Started by BigDan, November 20, 2011, 12:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

I pay an accountant to cheat the taxman every year  :wink:

BigDan

Sweet fuckin' deal!!

Its my 21st birthday tomorrow, and her indoors is buying me the palmer products bracket! (I'm buying the screen).

Awesome though :)

P.S. I emailed Iain Palmer about the postage costs, I thought £17.50 was a bit much for the screen and bracket and he emailed back saying with costs of packaging e.t.c. he thinks its fair, but he did compromise and said as they only have powdercoated brackets at the moment, he is letting me have one at no extra charge. Today is win!

EDIT:
Things just got more awesome, my Uncle Dave turns up with a Triumph T-Shirt, 25% voucher off triumph accessories and parts, a mega winter neck buff, and £50 towards the screen!! Fucking love 21st birthdays ;) Old enough to have an awesome bike, and young enough to get help paying for it :P
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

PeteH

Happy birthday Dan :D  looks like you alone have brought the average age of Tigger ownership down a few years :wink: pass the word around.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

chairhead

Appy Burfday Dan and many more to come!
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Spud

happy birthday have a good un mate, looks like the "bird" is a keeper.

Love 21st birthdays I spent mine on duty all night guarding a dockyard as well as xmas

Cheers Spud  :wink:

Chris Canning

Happy birthday,21!!! kin'ell I can't remember that far back :shock:

Tigertriple

Happy Birthday Dan  :occasion14

It's all up hill from here on  :lol:
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

rcgomes

hi, can you put a picture of the new screen installed? I am thinking of buying one and would like to know the verdict, thanks

hello come here to take this topic to take my doubts, I want to buy a better screen than the original, was thinking of a cee baileys. I am 193cm and travel, I suffer with rain, cold, wind, etc., and would like to improve it! researched the ceebaileys is good, but some users find that the MRA VARIO is better. please help! wanted a higher screen, but it was aerodynamic, not to be like walking with bus

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... /1107/502/

Marc

I am 1m82 and my cee baileys #2 light grey +4.5 is just a little to short.  I think you should go for the +6 or +8

Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

rcgomes

Quote from: "Marc"I am 1m82 and my cee baileys #2 light grey +4.5 is just a little to short.  I think you should go for the +6 or +8

thanks for the help, I might go to palmer product screen is adjustable ...

BigDan

I've got the palmer products screen and its bloody brilliant.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Tigertriple

Quote from: "BigDan"I've got the palmer products screen and its bloody brilliant.

You nearly didn't take the leap of faith :D  it's good to hear that it worked out for you.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Chris Canning

Quote from: "BigDan"I've got the palmer products screen and its bloody brilliant.

You'll be fine untill you get fed up with riding around this tiny island we live on,and if you ever head for warmer climes take it off before you go,that barn door will be a nightmare.

rcgomes

Quote from: "Chris Canning"

You'll be fine untill you get fed up with riding around this tiny island we live on,and if you ever head for warmer climes take it off before you go,that barn door will be a nightmare.

barn door hahahaha! :lol:

rcgomes

Hello, and what's your verdict?its the biggest screen? photos please? I've contacted Palmer via email, and I see that customer service is 5 stars. what users say is the larger screen can be a problem for damaging the fairing in great speeds. Palmer  say some client put brace but looks very bad! and that I can send back  the big screen and they send the average size no problem if i wish to change.

here is the palmer mail

Hi,
I've have sold a lot of 955 kits with the large screen without any
reported issues.

Some bikes seem to have a more rigid fairing than others and the bike I
used to design the kit didn't need any bracing.

I have heard from a recent customer who needed to make a couple of
braces - picture attached.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us