News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bloody Van Drivers!

Started by HockleyBoy, December 02, 2011, 09:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

Sitting (stationary) in the A13 traffic out of London last night in pouring rain when wham, van driver behind me decided to try and drive through me and the Tiger. This caused me to drop the clutch and the bike simultaneously and the Tiger to hit the car in front before going down on the right hand side. Van driver said his foot had slipped off the cluctch but was probably on his phone or texting.

Fortunately (luckily?) I got myself out of the way and was unhurt apart from a couple of sore muscles, my Tiger wasnt so fortunate and will be requiring some work. new tank etc.

Jut my luck to get hit while stationary, would normally have been filtering but decided to sit with the traffic as weather was dreadful, oh well.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Sin_Tiger

Main thing is you're OK, small comfort I know but at least the Tiger is repairable.

Dead giveaway when they jump out still on the mobile saying "call you back in a minute"  :x
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Better to have bad luck stationary than moving at 60mph!

Hope you and the bike patch up well.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bobbalar

Had two attempts on my life yesterday, both from women, both in German cars, both from side turnings, Got both my headlights blazing, Eureka...  I've discovered invisibility..  can we as a forum market"Invisibility" sell it to the military and we then can all retire..

Keep the shiny side up.
2004 Girly in Black.
1964 AJS Model 31 CSR in Blue.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bobbalar"Had two attempts on my life yesterday, both from women, both in German cars, both from side turnings, Got both my headlights blazing, Eureka...  I've discovered invisibility..  can we as a forum market"Invisibility" sell it to the military and we then can all retire..

Keep the shiny side up.

I've drummed this into me head from day 1 on a bike ( always expect the unexpected ) and so far its worked  :? i remember hearin someone say ( airbags ?? its a metal spike stickin out of the steerin wheel they need, to keep focused while drivin )   :lol: yea that would slow em down, eh !!

Hey HockleyBoy !! good to hear ya ducked a bullet there but yer Tigger took a hit  :shock:  its repairable i hope !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Always been my biggest fear. At least anytnhing in your field of vision you have a fighting chance of dealing with, but from behind is scary.  I alwaysleave enough room to nip between the cars in front and watch my mirrors a lot. But first you have to see it coming  :shock:

Glad you're more or less ok :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Dead giveaway when they jump out still on the mobile saying "call you back in a minute"  :x

Would be funny if it wasn't so true!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"
Quote from: "Bobbalar"Hey HockleyBoy !! good to hear ya ducked a bullet there but yer Tigger took a hit  :shock:  its repairable i hope !!

KK

Mostly cosmetic, fortunately nothing too major, although will probably be a fair amount of cash at an approved repairer.

I rode home after the accident, put a spare indicator glass on and carried on commuting, Tiger seems fine to ride while I wait for the insurance to get sorted.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Always been my biggest fear. At least anytnhing in your field of vision you have a fighting chance of dealing with, but from behind is scary.  I alwaysleave enough room to nip between the cars in front and watch my mirrors a lot. But first you have to see it coming  :shock:

Glad you're more or less ok :wink:

I am normally the same as you with regards to an escape route but had no reason to think that the d*ckhead 10 feet behind me and stationary would try to close the gap between him and the car in front of me to 2 feet without looking. Just goes to show how wrong I was!

Chad

how did the claim go ?  makes it bloody complicated when you get shunted into the car in front :x
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

rybes

glad ya ok mate and ya tigers fixable. ive always found if i keep with traffic i have more near misses than ridin like a twat. how does that work ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Nick Calne

Rybes, you are right.

Van drivers aren't usually the worst, it's the yummy mummy brigade that scares the sh1t out of me.  One day, i'm sure, the steamer will have "OVLOV" stamped into it by some tasty trophy wife in a XC90!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rybes

Quote from: "nickcalne"Rybes, you are right.

dont let me missus see that. ill never hear the last of it  :lol:  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Colonel Nikolai

Be thankful. You aren't hurt and it seems like your tigger can be fixed!
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Sin_Tiger

Almost clobbered by an Auntie playing with her iPhone, took her foot off the brake and rolled into the yellow box as I crossed it. The really annoying part was I made eye contact, started moving then she looked down and moved just as I pulled across. I got off and gave her an earful, she just looked at me like I had two heads   :shock:  :evil:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint