News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bar End Assembly

Started by BigDan, December 08, 2011, 08:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDan

Hi all,

How does the standard bar end assembly work?

I ask because I've just fitted the handlebar muffs and I need to keep them in the right place and the silly straps provided aren't sufficient - The muff tends to move off the end of the bar if you know what I mean, so I need to keep it in place.

I would like to make a small hole and screw it down, so the idea being;
Screw ---> Muff ---> bar end ---> handlebar.

But I don't want to lose part of the assembly down the handlebar or bugger things up like I usually do!

And guys,

no "muff" jokes please :P!  :eusa_clap
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Chris Canning

Just unscrew the end bolt and it comes out with the end plate.

This is with a Touratech hand guard.

BigDan

So, does it just loosen a clamp inside and then I pull the whole thing out, or should i undo the screw fully?

Sorry to come across as a right cautious fool, but on my last bike I lost the nut inside the handlebars and never got it back :P

Cheers Chris

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "BigDan"....I would like to make a small hole and screw it down, so the idea being;

.....And guys,

Bollocks!  I was just flexing my typing fingers  :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Just undo it and pull it out,but depending on the thickness of what your are putting on the end you may need a longer bolt,if it only just bites you'll strip it with the stock bolt.

Forgot!! the handle bar is pointing downwards so you'll loose nothing  :D

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "BigDan"....I would like to make a small hole and screw it down, so the idea being;

.....And guys,

Bollocks!  I was just flexing my typing fingers  :oops:

Blimey John at your age I'd have thought the novelty had worn off  :D  :D  :D

BigDan

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Just undo it and pull it out,but depending on the thickness of what your are putting on the end you may need a longer bolt,if it only just bites you'll strip it with the stock bolt.

Forgot!! the handle bar is pointing downwards so you'll loose nothing  :D

Thats cool, thanks Chris :)

Its only going through some material maybe 1mm thick and a washer. Should be fine.

:)

iansoady

There's nothing to lose inside as the screw goes into a receptacle welded in the bar end. It doesn't have a rawlbolt type expander.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

BigDan

Yup, did it yesterday. The simplest bar end assembly ever, why the hell cant every other be the same.

Bar muffs now held firmly in place (giggity), and hands are toasty as anything!

Thanks guys.

Mustang

Quote from: "BigDan"Yup, did it yesterday. The simplest bar end assembly ever, why the hell cant every other be the same.

Bar muffs now held firmly in place (giggity), and hands are toasty as anything!

Thanks guys.
there's a joke in there somewhere :shock:

something about sticking your hands in a bar muff :lol:

cosmo

Easy Mustang...yer headin' over the cliff of good taste...

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.