News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer coolant flush

Started by Bob Tosi, December 12, 2011, 04:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

Is there a "How to" thread?  I used the search function and cant find a "How to" for Steamers.
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

Mustang

Bob Tosi

I've also searched for "The White Bible" and cant find a source.  Mustang do you have a source for a factory service manual?

also, is there any advantage to using a motorcycle specific coolant mixture?
I know I'm splitting hairs here but I just want to take care of the old girl. She's all I got! :headbang

Mustang

Quote from: "Bob Tosi"I've also searched for "The White Bible" and cant find a source.  Mustang do you have a source for a factory service manual?
they have been unobtainable for quite awhile . one may turn up on ebay but don't hold your breath

Quotealso, is there any advantage to using a motorcycle specific coolant mixture?
I know I'm splitting hairs here but I just want to take care of the old girl. She's all I got! :headbang
the only difference is the amount of money that leaves your wallet :wink:

97tiger885

Quote from: "Bob Tosi"Is there a "How to" thread?  I used the search function and cant find a "How to" for Steamers.

The search function doesn't help for the "How to".  Most of the "How to" threads are at the top of the Tech forum thread listings under the heading "Sticky:..."  The most useful is the one listed "Sticky: Steamer Wisdom and Illustrated 'How-To' Threads".   Under that label are a number of instructions for mucking about.  Confusing, I know.  It took me a long time to figure that out.  I used to search and search with no results until someone would post the actual address.  Eventually, I figured out what the stickies were and how to use them.

Bob Tosi