News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

18", 21" wheels on a Girly

Started by Ironhorse, December 26, 2011, 06:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironhorse

I have searched and cannot find an answer. I am considering a set of dirt wheels for my Girl. It doesn't seem to be a popular mod.

I have raised the front fender about 30mm and that went well. Although I am not sure I can compress the front fork completely with it modified.

So does anybody have experience or knowledge of the issues to accomplish this?  Joe

jwray76

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but the spoked wheels with TKC tires are going to be plenty capable for the Girly. The heavy beast with low ground clearance doesn't really warrant much else.

Ironhorse

What I meant to ask was if Steamer wheels would fit the Girly without modification. Yeah, that's what I should have asked. Joe

Chris Canning

I see no reason why you can't go 21" on front,you'll have exactly the same problem as I did going to a 17".

Do you relace the original hub or buy a secondhand one and have your doubts about it's history,and you'll need to recalibrate the speedo with a Yellow Box.

No doubt your steering will be slowed down as much as mine was speeded up which in my case was a lot,so as to will it be OK for you and what are you options for raising either rear or dropping the forks through yokes just your own R+D will find out.

drunk_uncle

As long as you currently have wire wheels, changing the size is as easy as calling Woody's Wheel Works.  They can lace any rim to your hubs.
Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who don't!!

Chris Canning

Quote from: "drunk_uncle"As long as you currently have wire wheels, changing the size is as easy as calling Woody's Wheel Works.  They can lace any rim to your hubs.

I had the same problem,but if you only have one hub it's a ball ache if it doesn't work,hence why I aquired another :roll: ,and sold e'm as a pair(to a guy in Scotland) some years later when I'd got fed up with hassle of inner tubes.

blacktiger

Ironhorse, look up "Mudhen" on various forums. I think he has done what you're after and he's also your side on the pond. A start http://www.advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=3889
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.