News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tire Pressures

Started by fnjeep314, January 05, 2012, 02:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fnjeep314

I have the Triumph service manual and I was looking up the tire pressures and the manual has the front as 22 kg/cm2 and 25 kg/cm2. What is that in psi? I have gone to conversion tables and 22 kg/cm2 is something like 300 and something psi. Now I know that tires won't hold that!! So what are are people running for tire pressures?

Thanks in advance!
I do things!

KuzzinKenny

Hey fnjeep314 !! this should come in handy  :wink:

http://www.triumph.co.uk/media/Tiger(1).pdf

from the hand book....

Tyre Pressures (Cold)
Front . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .2.5 Bar (36lb/in2)
Rear . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .2.9 Bar (42lb/in2)

i always ride solo  :( so have 34psi front and 40psi rear

hope this helps  :)

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

PeteH

Best to check with tyre(tire) manufacturers data sheet, running at 2.3b - 2.7b on the Tourance`s which is roughly what kk running at.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Timbox2

I cant think of a bike Ive had in the last ten years that hasnt run 36/42
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Blackbird.  42 front and rear recommended, 40 front and rear actual.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

fnjeep314

Thanks so much for the replies!! As soon as my knee heals and I can get back on the bike, I will checked my tires!!
I do things!

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "fnjeep314"As soon as my knee heals and I can get back on the bike, I will checked my tires!!

I hope Tigger didn't take a nap while you were on it  :shock:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

fnjeep314

Almost!!! I was riding home and a woman who was in her late 60's to mid 70's just pulled right out in front of me in her beater car. I hit the front brakes and swerved to the left and my front tire sounded like it locked up and started to slide sideways and sort of felt like it started to fold too. I don't know how old the front tire is, but I think I am going to replace it very soon. During the swerve I had to put my left foot down and I twisted up my knee and I am walking around with crutches and a knee brace for the next 2 weeks because of it. I was able to avoid the crash and rode home, but the woman was completely ignorant to my presents right next to her at the next stoplight. She just had no clue. I laid on my horn right after I recovered and he still didn't see me right next to her, an arms length away. I was really pissed about it. Thankfully US Navy( I am active duty Navy) medical fixed me up and even gave me tylenol with codeine!! I can still feel pain though.
I do things!

Bixxer Bob

Codeine?

You don't wanna be driving (or anything else that involved rational thought) while on that stuff.  I was taking it for weeks when I did my back in; it's effective pain management but the side effects are truely aweful.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

fnjeep314

QuoteCodeine?

You don't wanna be driving (or anything else that involved rational thought) while on that stuff. I was taking it for weeks when I did my back in; it's effective pain management but the side effects are truely aweful.

Believe it or not, codeine that is with the tylenol that I am taking isn't really doing much to me. I don't get tired, I don't get braindead like I wished I would so I can stop feeling the pain. I act the exact same as I do totally sober, I still feel all the pain. I think I got more tylenol than codeine!!
I do things!

Sin_Tiger

Ibuprofen, just carry a walking cane as you feel so little pain you get no warning that you are about to land on the pavement when your knee folds, go on ask me how I know  :roll:

Cane looks  8)  anyway.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

fnjeep314

I tried to get my docs to give me a cane instead of crutches, but I got shot down. The docs just don't know cool if it slapped them in the face!!
I do things!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "fnjeep314"I tried to get my docs to give me a cane instead of crutches, but I got shot down. The docs just don't know cool if it slapped them in the face!!

:ImaPoser Hope you heal soon
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint