News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

For The Brits On Here

Started by Chris Canning, January 05, 2012, 08:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Any of the UK guys have European medical cover,we have used aunty Carol for some years on an annual policy,but they've changed horses and the policy isn't so good and dearer,any offers.

Geoff W

Mine comes via my bank account with RBS, or the taxpayer's bank as  it is now known.
If you qualify on age (I think that in reality many on this site will!!), SAGA often do good medical cover for foreign travel, especially if you have pre-existing medical conditions. Other place worth looking at is MAG, they do good cover, and membership is cheap.
Geoff.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Chris Canning

It's the 'bike' bit I've found causes the problem with a lot of policies.

Geoff W

You are right, many of policies exclude motorbikes. Motorcycle Action Group do breakdown cover, but I'm not sure about medical cover. They have a tie in with Castlemead,com Insurance brokers. They should know what is available policy wise.
Incidentally the French Government have decided that as from 1st Jan 2013 all riders of bikes over 125cc must wear day-glo clothing, so avoid going through France after this year ( the Irish Republic are doing similar laws).
Geoff.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Geoff W

I have found what I was looking for. Annual multi trip travel/bike insurance.
Via magtravel.co.uk. Ring 0844 482 9504 and quote mag travel to call centre.
Advertised rates are £75.00 for up to 1500 cc for and individual.
Geoff.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Chris Canning

Cheers I'll have a look at that,re the dayglo thing  :(

Timbox2

Quote from: "Geoff W"...................Incidentally the French Government have decided that as from 1st Jan 2013 all riders of bikes over 125cc must wear day-glo clothing, so avoid going through France after this year ( the Irish Republic are doing similar laws).
Geoff.

Ahh, so how does one get to Le Mans avoiding France? Eh Chris. :(
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Simple!! just take absolutely no notice,the Froggies and have never been much for sticking to the rules,as for Le-Mans?? hotel is already booked :D

Just trying to work out how to ride to Jerez for the GP,Estoril the following weekend and get home inside two weeks :?

blacktiger

Quote from: "Geoff W"Incidentally the French Government have decided that as from 1st Jan 2013 all riders of bikes over 125cc must wear day-glo clothing, so avoid going through France after this year ( the Irish Republic are doing similar laws).
Geoff.

To hi-jack the thread away from insurance.....what I've read about this hi-viz is that they're proposing a section of your upper body of 150 square cm. Or 1.5m x 1 cm. Or 500mm x 30mm. When you actually work that out, it amounts to nothing more than a belt. So, to get round this ridiculous law all you need to do is stuff a hi-viz belt in your pocket and if you get stopped just say ; " oh, pardon Monsieur Gendarme I forgot to dress properly".
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

rf9rider

Again, a little off topic, i read last week that you will now have to start carrying a self test breathaliser when travelling in France.

Sin_Tiger

:5huh  they're really losing it now  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

The Midnight Rambler

I thought the garlic press and corkscrew were already required, as was that just me?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

Geoff W

According to rumour,the Irish are going to make anyone on a bike, pillion included wear a full day-glo jacket including sleeves. The likes of the National Chopper Club are upset to say the least. They cannot have their back patches covered when on club rides. If the French are ok with a Sam Brown belt then I suppose you can get away with that.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

ChazzyB

Quote from: "Geoff W"I have found what I was looking for. Annual multi trip travel/bike insurance.
Advertised rates are £75.00 for up to 1500 cc for and individual.
Geoff.

Is that for travel insurance or travel and breakdown?

I paid £40 last year for an annual Europe travel insurance policy, covering me and her. Riding bikes is only excluded if they're over 125cc and you don't have a license to ride one... Found it via MoneySupermarket.com (other websites are available)
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Brit/Man

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Any of the UK guys have European medical cover,we have used aunty Carol for some years on an annual policy,but they've changed horses and the policy isn't so good and dearer,any offers.

As we in the UK are part of the EU :D you don't need any  European medical cover, how ever I work in an A&E Dep in Germany and if you come to us you still have to pay a Depossit of € 50-100 for norm A&E work and € 1000-2000 if we have to put you on a ward, till the cash boy's work out if you Med cover will pay  :evil:, but that's just us.

hope this helps Joe
So you all know why my english is so bad, I faild my 11+(WGAF) but I'am doing OK in life :-)

I`am to old too die young.

Don`t dream of the past,
Don`t dwell on the future,
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.