News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Meet Up 2012

Started by aesdj, January 11, 2012, 11:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theclowncrusty

Have downloaded the route from website. What do i need to load it? I have a garmin zumo, do i have to load it onto that? Crusty

blacktiger

Quote from: "theclowncrusty"Have downloaded the route from website. What do i need to load it? I have a garmin zumo, do i have to load it onto that? Crusty

So my guess is that you haven't had the Zumo long?

Yes, double click on the .gdb file and it'll open as a Mapsource document. Plug your Zumo into the computer and wait for it to be recognised..."bing, bong". Then click the "transfer to unit" button and watch it load. You then unplug and let the Zumo fire up then import the route. Done.
Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs........ but............?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

theclowncrusty

Thanks Blacktiger i will have a go at that later. I have had the Zumo ages and it is a great bit of kit, but not so good on what makes it run, Not happy with the constant need to upgrade stuff!! Why do you think i bought a steamer? Old school bike that you have a chance of fixing when i plays up. ( I hear they have fuel injection on some of these modern machines now??? LOL)
Will bring a cattering pack of bacon as i have been known to knock out a decent bacon and mushroom butty.
Crusty

Hossboro

Would have loved to attend, but am in Turkey on them dates (not on the bike though  :(   )  these meets always fall at the wrong time...
Have fun and hope it don't rain for ya.....

North East England
1997 Tiger Volcanic Red

blacktiger

I'm trying to get more Tigers. Any good sales pitches? http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/top ... l#msg75508

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "blacktiger"I'm trying to get more Tigers. Any good sales pitches? http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/top ... l#msg75508
I find the promise of beer usually works. (well, It does for me :P ) How's about we pitch the close location of the local pub and the food menu available :?: The way to a man's heart..etc..etc.. :lol:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

I get the impression that they're frightened of going outside that forum. They might catch something!! My posts are mostly ignored. Very odd when we've got something they want already organised.

mat-tiger1

I know what you mean :!:  i had the same reaction from the ABR forum   :roll:  come guys, any ideas :?:
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

SelinaXC

Quote from: "blacktiger"I get the impression that they're frightened of going outside that forum. They might catch something!! My posts are mostly ignored. Very odd when we've got something they want already organised.
No I'm not... just got more forums than I can keep up with  :oops:
And I am a friend of theclowncrusty *waves*

blacktiger

Quote from: "SelinaXC"
Quote from: "blacktiger"I get the impression that they're frightened of going outside that forum. They might catch something!! My posts are mostly ignored. Very odd when we've got something they want already organised.

No I'm not... just got more forums than I can keep up with  :oops:
And I am a friend of theclowncrusty *waves*

You seem to be an exception Selina.

SelinaXC

More like 'spechial'  :lol:

metalguru

Tried drumming up some interest around Kent as it's a nice ride too, only to be met with.....overnight.......in a tent........wot no rooms......etc blah,blah blah, never mind it's their loss, it will be enjoyable anyway.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

blacktiger

Looks like Selina has added support and some are starting to look at coming to the same site. Whether they'll lower their standards and talk to 900, 955 & 1050 owners is another story.  :roll:

mat-tiger1

Have we got any "Dora's'" coming along  :?:  it was nice to see the "fresh out of the box" 800's last year 8)

BruKen

I'm lost here. When is the meetup and where is it? I'm pretty much game for joining but trying to follow this thread gave me a sore head.