News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Parting Out

Started by nd4spd, January 13, 2012, 04:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nd4spd

Slightly off topic here...  I've got an '05 Tiger that I low-sided on the right side - the insurance co. totaled it - OR - I can keep it w/ a salvage title and part out...  Would I be able to recoup the cost in parts..?  Your thoughts?

Mustang

what kind of cost? , if the motors good it would fetch 750- 1000 bucks on ebay but you would have to deal with shipping it .

if insurance totaled it , I'm assuming the tank and plastics are trashed .

wheels would fetch about 150 each give or take and the rest would just be little pcs here and there that you could well end up sitting on for a long time

the ecm would probaly be a good seller for a 100 or so

nd4spd

The right side of the engine case cover is cracked due to the crash bar hitting  the lower mounting screw.  The right side of the fairing is scratched up as well as the tank.  It was a border line total simply due to the cost of the parts...  All that being said, I would need get approx. $750 for parts to recover the cost of keeping the bike.  Hmm....  Depends on the demand and/or interest in the misc. pcs.  THX!