News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB - Exhaust Heatshield for 955i

Started by HockleyBoy, January 18, 2012, 09:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

Picked up a second hand TOR pipe without the heatshield so could do with one if anyone has one kicking around.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

why not just swap your own over? Mine's bolted not riveted....

I found silver Hammerite smooth to be very close to the originall if it needs freshening up :)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"why not just swap your own over? Mine's bolted not riveted....

Thanks Bob,
Good idea, I was trying to leave my original intact in case I need it for MOTs and removing rivetts each time seemed like a pita but if I bolted it it would still be an easy swap.

If no one comes up with one I will go this way.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

Is yours rivetted then?  If so it's probably the work of a PO.  The original fixings are either M6 or M8, can't remember off hand.

If you remove the rivets you'll probably find the captive nuts on the can still in place, but maybe the threads will be stripped.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HockleyBoy

I think they are rivetted as standard, the triumoh parts list shows rivets on the standard can to hold the heatshield in place.

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator.php?block_01=&block_02=1000141&block_03=232917

oradbaforpsoft

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"I think they are rivetted as standard, the triumoh parts list shows rivets on the standard can to hold the heatshield in place.

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator.php?block_01=&block_02=1000141&block_03=232917

When I bought my TOR, it came with replacement rivets and the instructions were to use the old heat shield.  I regret following the instructions so well, and now I am also in the market for a heat shield :)
Dave in KCMO: 2003 Tiger 955i - Lucifer Orange