News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

MarkShelley's other bikes moved from the tiger gallery

Started by MarkShelley, January 07, 2012, 06:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkShelley

It is extremely clean, but 24K isn`t a lot of mileage.
The R1100GS in the background has done 86K and is nearly as clean!
This ole World keeps spinning round, it`s a wonder tall trees aint layin down.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid racing moped!
Yamaha DT50MX

Timbox2

Yep, Tigger looks well clean.

Has the Beemer managed the 86k on the original gearbox?
2016 Tiger Sport

MarkShelley

Quote from: "Timbox2"Yep, Tigger looks well clean.

That is a bit of a sore point at the moment!
It has literally done 20 miles since having a recon box, complete clutch and a few other bits and bobs. The bill was just over £1500 :(
I was happy to get it done as the rest of the bike is very good, the engine is sweet as a nut and uses zero oil. It has a 30Litre tank from the 1150 Adventure model and 17" alloys from an 1150 RT, a sort of long range giant supermoto! It is a great bike.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Yamaha DT50MX

Timbox2

Quote from: "MarkShelley"
Quote from: "Timbox2"Yep, Tigger looks well clean.

That is a bit of a sore point at the moment!
It has literally done 20 miles since having a recon box, complete clutch and a few other bits and bobs. The bill was just over £1500 :(
I was happy to get it done as the rest of the bike is very good, the engine is sweet as a nut and uses zero oil. It has a 30Litre tank from the 1150 Adventure model and 17" alloys from an 1150 RT, a sort of long range giant supermoto! It is a great bike.

Oops , sorry, but I know that the early( Pre97) boxes were a weak point, though strangely failures were more common on the RS and RT bikes.
Long range supermoto, I know someone else on here who likes your thinking, eh Chris? What you need now is a lower ratio bevel box :)
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Long range supermoto!! what a great idea :D

MarkShelley

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Long range supermoto!! what a great idea :D

Here is she.

I also have this lurking in the garage

And this

And this

And a little DT50MX which I literally got today which will be my lads first bike.
Did I mention that I am obsessed? :lol:

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Yamaha DT50MX

Chris Canning

Out of interest,having gone to the trouble of doing your GS,what made you buy the Tiger.

MarkShelley

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Out of interest,having gone to the trouble of doing your GS,what made you buy the Tiger.

I have owned a couple of Trident 900`s in the past and always loved the engine. I had a BMW R1100RT as well and had it up for sale and a chap 10 miles away asked me if I would be interested in a swap as he was into his boxer twins. I went and had a look and was up for a trade but in the end I sold the RT to another chap but made an offer for the Tiger because I liked it.
My Tiger is waiting for me to pick it up from my local independant mechanic who is Triumph trained and a great bloke. I wanted him to give it a complete service and full going over. It needed 6 shims and something was broken on one of the carb tops and had been botched. It is all now sorted.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Yamaha DT50MX