News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wanted-Aftermarket or TOR exhaust can Girly/955i

Started by cdubya, January 18, 2012, 06:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdubya

Good day fellas. I pulled my stocker exhaust can off the other day and realised it is flippin' HEAVY! In addition, I'd love to get 'er breathing a bit better as well. Any leads would be much appreciated.
Thanks much.
06 Girly

Bixxer Bob

The TOR can is nearly as heavy I think.  There are many aftermarket cans that can fit, but getting the right link pipe is the hard bit.  If you go new, Blueflame or Beowulf do good cans for less than the bigger brands.  If you pick up a used can and then think you can get a link pipe, search for Evil Betty's post on the subject  :lol:

Hope that helps.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

cdubya

Thanks much BB.
I was hoping to go used but not all together against new if the price is reasonable. I was looking at the blue flame products and was impressed. I have been unable to find any info. on the performance difference between the single port and dual port cans for our bikes. Any info. or opinions on that?
06 Girly

Bixxer Bob

I've had my Blueflame a while now.  It's stainless so still a bit heavy though no where near the original.  I think the carbon ones are lighter. On a dyno with a version of the TOR tune, the Blumeflame gives 102.5bhp at the tyre which isn't bad for an engine that's only supposed to do 105 at the crank.

Fitting is straightforward, but you can save time lining everything up by reading my post on the subject.

I don't know what difference taking out the baffles or opening the second port makes as it's got a lovely rasp with everything fitted (and that's how it was on the dyno).  I would guess that taking out the baffles would mean more work on the fuel map even though Blueflame claim it's not necessary.  Girlies are sensitive creatures!! :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

cdubya

Wow! Sounds like she's running right fine! So the lower of the two ports on yours is blocked closed completely? I guess blocking, unblocking and baffled or no baffle gives the user extra tunability in terms of flow and db's?
Well, I'm hoping one comes available on ebay at some point be it a single or a dual port. If ya'll see one pop up give me a shout!
Thanks a bunch.
CW
06 Girly

HockleyBoy

Keep looking on ebay, there are some around, just picked up a very good condition Triumph Off Road can for £31.99. Well Pleased, will be fitting it at the weekend.  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

cdubya

What a great deal! Nice work. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
06 Girly

cdubya

Still lookin'........
06 Girly

Bixxer Bob

there was one in the UK on Ebay this week.  Not much use to you though  :?

cdubya

Hopefully one will turn up over the next few weeks/months. Thinking about running South for the desert next month...would like to have something by then so I don't have to bolt the stocker back on but, no worries either way. Mostly just want more sound and snap!
"Patience Grasshopper"...... :occasion14
06 Girly

cdubya

Still looking.... Needs to be in the USA to keep the price reasonable.
Thanks.
06 Girly

cdubya

Searching, searching......
06 Girly