News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Gearchange shaft oil seal

Started by ChazzyB, January 28, 2012, 12:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChazzyB

Does anyone know the dimensions of the gearchange shaft oil seal for a 955 Girly?

I'm thinking of changing both that and the output shaft seal behind the drive sprocket. Bikebandit's listings helpfully provide the size for the latter. ;-)
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

PeteH

No idea on the dimensions, but I came acros www.worldoftriumph.com the other day...same as bikebandit but with UK prices.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

ChazzyB

Thanks for that, useful. Triumph oil seals are very expensive. I'm thinking of just pulling the old one out, measuring and buying the one that's going to cost £1.50-ish.

Tight? Me?  :oops:
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Bixxer Bob

You can measure ID and OD without taking it out, then search for a likely part. at 1.50 it's not gonna break he bank if it's wrong :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

A lot of seals have the dimensions cast into the outer face but that one might be too small for that.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ChazzyB

Well, it's not the gear change shaft seal leaking. And it doesn't look like the gearbox output shaft either (I whipped the sprocket off). The oil's black (blue oil in my Scottolier) and smells like engine oil. It's not coming from the netutral light switch either. Hmmm...
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S