News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Battery flat, can I use car battery a jumper ?

Started by titan430, February 21, 2012, 05:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titan430

Hi,now find that my Tiger battery is flat as a whitches watsit, so question is can I use my car battery to jump start. Or will amps kill the system, do not want any fires etc.......................ta

Ironhorse

The size of the battery used is not important. But getting a set of jumper cables on to the bikes battery might be challenging. At any rate you are going to need a good full charge on the bikes battery to keep it working. Just making short to medium trips will not get a full charge and after killing it completely it needs that.

What killed in the first place? Joe

Mustang

Quote from: "titan430"Hi,now find that my Tiger battery is flat as a whitches watsit, so question is can I use my car battery to jump start. Or will amps kill the system, do not want any fires etc.......................ta
I've seen ecu's become bricks when a car was used to jump start ...... :shock:
but as long as the car is not running you should be ok . proceed at your own risk  :twisted:

Bixxer Bob

given you can buy a charger for as little asa tenner, why would you risk it?

And if it's badly discharged stand by for a whole host of running probs once it's going.  See the current 'won't start after a long journey' thread.  :?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...