News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Going to look at a 95 tiger(update)

Started by dmerc, February 23, 2012, 01:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Quote from: "dmerc"Another pic
from looking at the small pics ......it looks like you will be into it for all of the above mentioned repairs to make it roadworhty ....................allow for it in negotiations .
Bike has been rattle can painted red on the tank and left fairing from the looks of it , which suggests plastic damage to me from being tossed down the road on its side ., has D&D pipes on it and they are obnoxiously loud .if its been stored outside not running for any length of time it's definately a low ball offer .  if it won't start it's a hard call to make .
but from the pics , a 500 -700 dollar offer is about max .
If it starts (doubtful) 1000 is about top dollar for it .

BruKen

found it

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/y ... lent-58917

:hello2  crazy inspired nutter  :lol: Good job too 8)

edit: pic added by mustang 2/24/2012

dmerc

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "dmerc"Another pic
from looking at the small pics ......it looks like you will be into it for all of the above mentioned repairs to make it roadworhty ....................allow for it in negotiations .
Bike has been rattle can painted red on the tank and left fairing from the looks of it , which suggests plastic damage to me from being tossed down the road on its side ., has D&D pipes on it and they are obnoxiously loud .if its been stored outside not running for any length of time it's definately a low ball offer .  if it won't start it's a hard call to make .
but from the pics , a 500 -700 dollar offer is about max .
If it starts (doubtful) 1000 is about top dollar for it .

I was thinking 500 too. If all the fluids look good and it starts I might take a chance on it. Redoing the carbs and getting the valve clearances right should be no big problem and the scratches and dings don't bother me. I had to put some baffles in Yosh pipes on the TL so ya I can mod the cans for less noise.
I go see the bike Sunday. If I'm smart I'll walk away but you know how that goes....

Mustang

Quote from: "BruKen"found it

:hello2  crazy inspired nutter  :lol: Good job too 8)

WOW what a transformation from the green queen  :thumbsup

97tiger885

Quote from: "dmerc"I was thinking 500 too. If all the fluids look good and it starts I might take a chance on it. Redoing the carbs and getting the valve clearances right should be no big problem and the scratches and dings don't bother me. I had to put some baffles in Yosh pipes on the TL so ya I can mod the cans for less noise.
I go see the bike Sunday. If I'm smart I'll walk away but you know how that goes....

If finances allow, you could buy this as a spares bike and look for a better one to ride.   Especially if you keep your mcs for a long time.  Figure the cost and downtime for a replacement tank, clocks, rotors, calipers, seat, carbs, forks, shock, engine covers, wheels, turn signals, swing arm, water pump......That is assuming that this stuff on the mc is in good enough shape.   A lot of my downtime is the 10 days for parts to arrive.

Sin_Tiger

I agree, judging from the state of I get a feeling that some PO had an attitude, little care and possibly less control.

Worth 500 of antibodies money in parts alone.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

dmerc

It's been neglected but not abused. Didn't have much oil in it. Had to tip the bike to the side to get a reading in the dipstick and it was nasty looking. The good news is the starter cranked the bike over real nice. No funny noises and I tried it several times. Lots of dry soot on the tail pipe so I'm assuming carb work will be needed. Bike didn't start though. Gas didn't smell too bad. I offered the guy 300 bucks. It's a gamble but I think it will run again with not too much trouble.