News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Northwest 200

Started by Geoff W, February 27, 2012, 10:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff W

Myself and four friends are off to the Northwest 200 this year. We are staying in Ballymoney, right next to the Dunlop Memorial Garden.
Does anyone know a good place to park up four bikes near a good viewing spot for the Northwest? We will be watching the races on Saturday, touring around on the Thursday and Friday.
Thanks, Geoff.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Chris Canning

This is the first time we haven't been in 15 years,alast years weather was the straw that  broke the camels back but when it's good it can be really good,park at the back of Metropole corner(you can getaway quickly after the race as well) and if you walk under the railway bridge you can go on the coast foot path to were ever you want Juniper is the place it's close and it's were every thing happens,but it gives you the option to find other spots.

If your there thursday,pay to watch from the magic roundabout it's completley different from the fast parts.

Make sure you have a radio so you can listen you listen commentry if your not close to a speaker.

Friday!! catch the ferry (Magiligan point) and go over to Donegal,coffee and cake in Cardonagh

Moorso

I was glad to see this post actually. I am heading up to the NW200 from Belfast.....hopefully staying with a mate in Derry in the evenings. But I have seen on previous NW200 meetings that the fields (especially along the straight at University) tend to have people in them - can you rock up and slip the farmer a fiver or something?
Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

Moorso

Thought this might be useful (maybe not....but who knows). The race track is highlighted in blue.

I was up last year, but due to the debacle I never even got as far as parking for the races (which turned out to be a wet single race!). The Fri up at the pits was good though.
Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

Chris Canning

The problem with being on the straights you see zilch as you would when their doing 190+ their gone in a flash,hence York corner etc is so popular.

Geoff W

That is great information, many thanks Chris.Just what I wanted to know. We went to the Cookstown 100 last year and almost got sunburnt, the weather was wonderful. However I suspect that was a one off, in Ireland you are more likely
to come home brown with rust.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Chris Canning

The other thing with the NW,now the residents are being much nicer too each other the police have more time for speeders,over the years we have ridden up from the south absolutely gung ho,but those days are long gone ish  :wink: