News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

handlebars and 3 spoke wheels

Started by rybes, February 28, 2012, 03:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

afternoon all. as today is a sunny day i decided it was time to go out and make a start on this 3 spoke conversion. lookin at my yokes ive seen thatthe tiger risers are level with the center of the steerin stem. if i put the bars in the same place on my speed triple yokes theres not enough meat to get a nut tightened too.
on the speed triple yokes theres some lugs an inch forward of the steerin stem. if i used these points to mount my bars, would there be clearance for the bars with the bodywork ? it looks like there may be but im not so sure.

the lugs im talkin about

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

How about measuring the gap between your bars and bodywork on your original Steamer?
You`ll probably see if you have an inch to play with?
But before you start, are you sure that top yoke will fit ok as Rob had problems with several yokes catching the front fairing frame?
I don`t know if the Speed Triple yokes will work?
I`ll have a measure of my Legend TT yoke, see how far forward of the stem the bar clamps are.

rf9rider

Just been and had a measure, on my Legend TT top yoke, the bar clamps are 1 and a  1/2 inches forward of the stem, on full lock, theres a gap of about 1/2 an inch between clutch and brake reservoirs and top fairing, so you should be ok.
As i said, i`d try the yokes on the bike first, to make sure they clear the fairing brackets, if they don`t fit you won`t have ruined them drilling holes etc, and may be able to sell them on.
Good luck mate  :)

R0B

From memory the speed triple top yoke should work, as it has the clamps at the rear...........I'd like to know where I went wrong with the Thunderbird/legend clamps, as I still had problems with them hitting the fairing brackets, which you obviously didn't.

Rob

rf9rider

Quote from: "R0B"From memory the speed triple top yoke should work, as it has the clamps at the rear...........I'd like to know where I went wrong with the Thunderbird/legend clamps, as I still had problems with them hitting the fairing brackets, which you obviously didn't.

Rob

Thought your Legend yoke worked, just caught the clock surround?

Unless your fairing bracket was bent?

R0B

You may well be right............it's that long since I messed with it :-). I'll have to re-read my post. :-)

Rob

rf9rider

I had to cut down the plastic clock surround on mine, otherwise a straight fit.

rybes

im off out in the garage now to try these yokes on and see where i can get the bars fitted too  :D then hopefully later today i can get all me bits to the powder coaters  8)

rybes

this aint turnin out to be the easy job i was expectin. almost there tho. im about 4mm away from the lock stops. i can reach the stops if i make it go without the bodywork deformin to much. thats with the standard risers with a 12mm spacer. i got some swept back risers i think ill try. see if that gives me the room. brb  :D

rf9rider

brb?

Well, we`re waiting...................... :lol:

rybes

paitence young grasshopper  :lol:

well, after a bit of head scartchin ive found out that a early speed triple yoke set works. if you use the lugs i pointed out earlier ya gunna need some swept back risers. ill work out the measurements later if anyone intrested.
now there is more pics......but........there about to be added to be rebuild thread. so if ya wanna see em go have a look there  :wink:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 1468#81468