News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Givi side rails?

Started by rf9rider, February 29, 2012, 12:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

So, i`ve got the Givi top rack fitted, getting a pair of side rails, question is, where do these bolt on?
I see the front bracket bolts onto the rear peg bracket, the other 2 brackets go where?
To the bike frame direct, or to the top rack side rails?

MarkShelley

I thought the pannier rails for steamers were no longer available? If they are available I would be interested to know where from.
This ole World keeps spinning round, it`s a wonder tall trees aint layin down.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid racing moped!
Yamaha DT50MX

rf9rider

Yup, no longer available, got a pair out of the local Free Ad paper!

And i figured out they bolt on to the top rail arms  :)

rf9rider

Givi rails deal fell through  :cry:

So, plan is to adapt a set from another model to fit the steamer, as been looking for a set for a while with no joy.

Anyone help start me off by posting a few pictures of where/how they mount please?

Unless anyones got a set they would sell me?  :lol:

Sin_Tiger

There is an old set of Givi wingracks hanging up in my mechanics place, I'll take a photo to see if they are of interest to you.

Knowing Givi they will be adaptable, I'm sure someone can post details of the joint bits.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"There is an old set of Givi wingracks hanging up in my mechanics place, I'll take a photo to see if they are of interest to you.

Knowing Givi they will be adaptable, I'm sure someone can post details of the joint bits.

Cheers Niall, i know the Givi wingrack will fit with a fitting kit, just sorting out buying a kit back that i sold a while ago, wished i hadn`t sold it now  :lol:

Ideally like some side rails, but pretty hard to get hold of.

Mustang

the givi racks for steamers were made specifically for the steamer to replace the existing steamer rack with a modified wing rack and mono top plate rack.
they bolted on to the stock steamer rack location on the frame

rf9rider

Thanks Mustang, just what i needed.

Sin_Tiger

Going to try to get over tonight, if it ever stops raining, will take the steamer to size them up if they are available.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Sorry mate, turned out to be the cast ally version and one looks like it might be cracked :(

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Sorry mate, turned out to be the cast ally version and one looks like it might be cracked :(

Thanks for the effort Niall