News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

need help deciding what to buy

Started by kingdomstyle, March 04, 2012, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingdomstyle

2003 tiger black,24,000 miles 4100 hundred......or 2006 17,000 miles black ....4700 hundred.....of course money is tight.The 06 lower miles both are bone stock and super clean. :roll: tough choice any pros or cons to spokes vs mags? any info will help thanks
1999 TIGER black.2008 XR650L,2008 KLX450R

flaco

Don't know about the wheels, but do know that the '03 is due a big service at 24,000 if it hasn't already had one. If a dealer does it, it could eat up the difference in price. You're in for a treat, whichever you buy.
kernow bys vyken

KuzzinKenny

Hey kingdomstyle !! its a tough one that only you can answer !!  :?

if yer headin for the dirt, spokes are best suited for that !! if it were me i'd have the 06 as i'm never in the dirt apart from tracks to campsites  :oops:

good luck !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Mossy

I had a similar choice when I bought mine last year. I opted for the earlier model because I prefer the spoke wheels, black frame and black Tiger stripes.
Not that any of these make any difference to how they ride.

Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1960 TR6 Trophy Scrambler
1953 Thunderbird Salt Lake Racer
1950 250 Excelsior Talisman Twin
1926 250 Levis

Brooks Short

I'd buy the '06 with the cast wheels. No tube tires for me!
One Less Car

Yankee Dog

Quote from: "Brooks Short"I'd buy the '06 with the cast wheels. No tube tires for me!

+1    cast wheels is what I want.