News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tyres at last

Started by Tigertriple, March 08, 2012, 02:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

I finally pulled the trigger on a set of Conti Trail Attacks. Bought them from M&P for £165.00 which is a good deal. Had them fitted and balanced yesterday by my local tyre fitters for £30.00. So for under 200 notes I've got a good set of tyres. 8)

Went out for a run today to start scrubbing them in. I have always liked my Tiger, but know I like it even more  :D  :D  :D The difference from the Anakees is amazing. The bike is much more nimble and feels like a new bike. I can't wait till they're scrubbed in  :lol:

While I had the wheels off I gave the speedo drive a good clean and greased it. Also gave the brakes a quick once over. My MOT was done on Monday and as expected Tigger flew through it. Only comment by the tester again this year was on chain tension  :shock: too slack in his opinion  :roll:

Thanks for all the advise that was given on my request for tyre info. After weighing up all the pros and cons these are the best for my needs and limited budget.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

PeteH

Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

blacktiger

Quote from: "Tigertriple"I finally pulled the trigger on a set of Conti Trail Attacks. Bought them from M&P for £165.00 which is a good deal. Had them fitted and balanced yesterday by my local tyre fitters for £30.00.

That is a good price but you might like to consider two things :-
1) Whenever I looked at Conti tyres the Road Attacks were always cheaper than the Trail Attacks.
2) Use Dyna beads and you'll never have to pay for balancing again.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Tigertriple

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "Tigertriple"I finally pulled the trigger on a set of Conti Trail Attacks. Bought them from M&P for £165.00 which is a good deal. Had them fitted and balanced yesterday by my local tyre fitters for £30.00.

That is a good price but you might like to consider two things :-
1) Whenever I looked at Conti tyres the Road Attacks were always cheaper than the Trail Attacks.
2) Use Dyna beads and you'll never have to pay for balancing again.

1/ I didn't want Road Attacks so didn't compare prices
2/ I investigated using Dyna beads, but they had very mixed reviews and I decided to go down the conventional balancing route.

:D

Chris Canning

You must have won the lottery!! 30 quid to fit and balance 2 tyres  :shock:

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Chris Canning"You must have won the lottery!! 30 quid to fit and balance 2 tyres  :shock:

That was my cheapest quote. Triumph Glasgow wanted 50 notes as did my local Honda dealer. What's the average price down your way ?

It would have been another 50 on top of that if I'd also bought the tyres from them.  :shock:

If I'd won the lotto I'd of went for the Pilot 3s  :lol: Maybe next time I'll come down south for my tyres as we're obviously being hung out of up here :oops:

HockleyBoy

Costs me £30 for fitting and balance for one tyre if I supply them myself for a ride in ride out service, cheaper for loose wheels though.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Tigertriple"
Quote from: "Chris Canning"You must have won the lottery!! 30 quid to fit and balance 2 tyres  :shock:

That was my cheapest quote. Triumph Glasgow wanted 50 notes as did my local Honda dealer. What's the average price down your way ?

It would have been another 50 on top of that if I'd also bought the tyres from them.  :shock:

If I'd won the lotto I'd of went for the Pilot 3s  :lol: Maybe next time I'll come down south for my tyres as we're obviously being hung out of up here :oops:

I'm in a slightly different postion because I don't pay,well I do cuz there's no such thing as free lunch,if we didn't like the look of you 20 quid,probably less if we did.

Sadly the one thing I avoid like the plague is tyre price,it's a small world and the net makes it even smaller.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Costs me £30 for fitting and balance for one tyre if I supply them myself for a ride in ride out service, cheaper for loose wheels though.

Different ball game for you,look were you live?? breathing is an extra south of Luton  :D

fraser ross

anybody fit thier own tyres out there or is it just me  :lol:

Tigertriple

Quote from: "fraser ross"anybody fit thier own tyres out there or is it just me  :lol:

I don't think it's just you. The biggest problem in fitting your own tyres is balancing them.

On a side issue where have you been hiding.  :lol:

fraser ross

hi there tigertriple work and family commitments, feart to post as i usually get it wrong and wind somebody up.regarding wheel balancing is it that critical on a tiger ! ive lost weights over time and never noticed anything untoward
 regards fraser  :D

mikeybikey57

All this talk of new tyres must mean that spring's finally here in blighty. Just finished putting on fresh pair of Trail Attacks on my Tigger too. Also fitted new chain and sprockets, a Tutoro Auto chain oiler and rear brake pads.                  
Couldn't fit the tyres myself so got a local bike shop to do it for me, £210 all in (on loose wheels), which i didn't think was too steep. Did the rest myself, which was very satisfying and had the added benefit of getting me out of the way of the kids for the day.          
I'm looking forward to trying out the Conti's as I never felt that confident with the old Metzler Tourances on and hopefully, the chain oiler will put an end to the endless lubing/cleaning/lubing routine.                                                       The sun is out, the sky is blue and the road is beckoning......................what the hell am I doing sitting in front of a bloody computer?
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

HockleyBoy

Different ball game for you,look were you live?? breathing is an extra south of Luton  :D[/quote]

I wish I could say you were wrong!!!!!!!!!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

mikeybikey57

It's not necessarily all that grim up north............... but then I suppose everywhere else is north if you live near the south coast.
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.