News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger noise when starting

Started by kingdomstyle, March 08, 2012, 08:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingdomstyle

When I start my 2003 tiger.chugs chug chug clap stops does this twice then starts.
1999 TIGER black.2008 XR650L,2008 KLX450R

Bixxer Bob

Valve clearances???

Only guessing.  How many miles?  How long since last service? How long since valves were last done?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

kingdomstyle

just got the bike yesterday.......put charger on it seems to start better now hope that was it.

Mustang

Quote from: "kingdomstyle"When I start my 2003 tiger.chugs chug chug clap stops does this twice then starts.
that would be the sound of the sprag clutch , possibly on it's way to going tits up  :shock:
hope for your sake a new battery solves it .

kingdomstyle

would it keep doing it or would it stop once battery had a good charge?

Mustang

if it keeps doing it with a new battery ............a sprag clutch is probably in your future
but without being able to see the bike or hear for myself it's entirely possible it could be something else :wink:

kingdomstyle

whats the cost to have a sprag clutch replaced?

Mustang

parts are about 300 buks or so girlies are easier to do than steamers ........
labor will probably be roughly 3 bills , depends on dealer

see where a fresh batt takes you before you start to fret .

kingdomstyle

well i have a 60 day warranty.....should i know what im dealing with by then?

Mustang

Quote from: "kingdomstyle"well i have a 60 day warranty.....should i know what im dealing with by then?
yep!