News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Return Spring

Started by Kill Switch, January 11, 2005, 05:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kill Switch

Clutch lever return spring broke.  What a bitch.  I am talking about that little spring on the clutch lever down by where the clutch cable ends on the engine.  That f#@&ing spring can only come off if you take the engine side plate off and pull the lever out and slip the spring on.  Anyway, the bike is drivable without any problems as there seems to be enough return pressure....will replace on next oil change.  What a pain.

Mudhen

But do you think there may actually be some drag on the disc that you can't feel?

I'd just be worried that it was still making contact and in X miles or so the clutch would be gone...

M

(just thinking out loud...no idea if that's how it would work)
\'96 Steamer

SIBBO

This problem seems to apply to 7 out of 10 tigers.

This ratio was determined by a recent tiger meet where 7 of us were suffering this ailment, the general concensus was it may not be a big deal.

Mine has been like it for 12months with no noticable change in performance or reliability..................touch wood.

Kill Switch

Quote from: "SIBBO"This problem seems to apply to 7 out of 10 tigers.

This ratio was determined by a recent tiger meet where 7 of us were suffering this ailment, the general concensus was it may not be a big deal.

Mine has been like it for 12months with no noticable change in performance or reliability..................touch wood.

Hey guy thanks much for the info!  I was somewhat concerned that it would be a problem.  Nice to know your experience and the general consensus.  I have been reading the manual and the fix is not so bad but who wants to take the clutch cover off...etc.  

Appreciate the post.

52blackshadow

This happened on my Tiger just after I bought it (2nd hand with 2000 miles on the clock.  I took my long nosed plyers, bent the end into a hook shape and reattached it - 15 thousand miles later the bodge job is still working well so seems better than the original - I guess I'll stick a new one on when that finally breaks again!

Cheers,

Shadow.
Ride safe!!!!!

Kill Switch

Quote from: "52blackshadow"This happened on my Tiger just after I bought it (2nd hand with 2000 miles on the clock.  I took my long nosed plyers, bent the end into a hook shape and reattached it - 15 thousand miles later the bodge job is still working well so seems better than the original - I guess I'll stick a new one on when that finally breaks again!

Cheers,

Shadow.

Yeah, that is a good fix.  I tried that but botched the job....too much in a hurry in the morning before work.  I should have bent it into a hook.  I may try it again.

Best.

robbo

HavenÃŒt had this problem myself yet but my brother had this happen on his sprint RS. He has been running with it for about a year now with no ill effects.

seems to be a triumph problem not just the Tiger.
best Regards

Robbo