News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

05 Girly Maintenance and Tuning

Started by Stitch, April 01, 2012, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalguru

Just one piece of advice is to just change one thing at a time when re-mapping and make notes of the changes either by hand or version of map, ie when saving give it an individual number or letter.
Changing the values in the 'F' map proved the most helpful, even if some were only changed by 1%, of course these are changed to individual riding needs and alter all the trims.

Best way is if you have access to a rolling road, not only for top end power but all the normal riding areas, from experience this is the best way to start, with only fine tuning left at ones discretion.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Stitch

How much impact would your experience(s) tell you how the AF 1 table came into play when you modified your "F" tables?

Reason for asking is that a positive regarded "custom tune" or two has modified the AF 1 table across the board to achieve stoichio rather than finding a balance in  "F" table changes.
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

metalguru

This is the F map from the tune I am using and modifying.

I was quite happy with the higher throttle openings so left alone on F map. The lower to 36% were the values that in my opinion needed changing. As can be seen from the map quite a few have changed but not always by the same amount.
To run at stoichiometric air-to-fuel ratio of 14:7 or 6:8% ideal gas is good for the enviroment and makers green claims but gives the problems that most Tiger owners experience.
Unfortunately my table is not backed by rolling road data, more seat of pants and general riding dyno. I did try a dynamic tune with a gas analyser but that is a different storey, it was working well and had some favourable results untill equipment failure ensued.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

Stitch

I appreciate the information and will use it to form my own rendition. With your posted "F" table, what did you feel you needed to do to your AF 1 table?
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

metalguru

There again not too many changes but enough to remove all the gripes and keep MPG and power.

Not sure why the picture is out of focus, must be the card in my laptop, just an engineer not a pc doc.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers