News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Does the 12 Minute Tune reset....

Started by atokad, April 06, 2012, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

yup another tune thread thats confirming  it for me , this is white man's magic  :D

im only adept at the heathen method of fixing things with a big hammer :lol:
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

vince

ah the irish scewdriver work everytime :lol:  :lol:
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "haroldo_psf"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "Mustang"paging bixxerbob to the tuneecu courtesy phone >>>>>>>>>>>

:ImaPoser

The answer is what MetalGuru said, but to go back on your detail:

When you say it "resets tps position", does it reset it to a pre-programmed default value, OR does it read the current value of a closed throttle and sets it to that? In other works, would the 12 minute tune acomplish the same thing as a TuneECU TPS zero position calibration?

TPS RESET reads the current "closed throttle" position and calls that zero.  You will then find that full throttle is around 74%.  This is normal, you will not get a 100% reading.

The 12 min tune resets the ECU fuel trims back to nominal, it does nothing to, and has nothing to do with, the throttle position.

Hope that helps :D

Sorry man, you are contradicting yourself. Does the 12 minute tune resets the TPS zero position or not? You say it does, and then you say it doesn't. Which one is it?

Thanks

Changed a couple of words in Orange, does that help?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

haroldo_psf

Quote from: "haroldo_psf"
Quote from: "Mustang"paging bixxerbob to the tuneecu courtesy phone >>>>>>>>>>>

:ImaPoser

The answer is what MetalGuru said, but to go back on your detail:

When you say it "resets tps position", does it reset it to a pre-programmed default value, OR does it read the current value of a closed throttle and sets it to that? In other works, would the 12 minute tune acomplish the same thing as a TuneECU TPS zero position calibration?

TPS RESET reads the current "closed throttle" position and calls that zero.  You will then find that full throttle is around 74%.  This is normal, you will not get a 100% reading.

The 12 min tune resets the ECU fuel trims back to nominal, it does nothing to, and has nothing to do with, the throttle position.

Hope that helps :D

Sorry man, you are contradicting yourself. Does the 12 minute tune resets the TPS zero position or not? You say it does, and then you say it doesn't. Which one is it?

Thanks

Changed a couple of words in Orange, does that help?

Guys,

Sorry, we are making this more complicated that it is, getting caught up in the verbage overkill.

Simple question: Does the 12 minute tune sets TPS zero position or not?
YEs or no would suffice.

Bob, I you highlighted words from your previous post, which is still contradicting, umbiguous to me.

I can't explain why my TuneECU won't connect to my ECU. I have the correct 2.06 TuneECU certified driver emailed to me by BixxerBob a year ago or so.

I DID NOT install the driver that came with the ODBII usb cable. I plugged it in and manually installed the driver on windows.

I then connected to the bike, turned on bike, fired TuneECU, and it doesn't connect. I power cycle the bike, still nothing. Re-start tuneecu, nothing.
2000 Tiger 885i

Mustang

QuoteSimple question: Does the 12 minute tune sets TPS zero position or not?
YEs or no would suffice.
no  .

haroldo_psf

Quote from: "Mustang"
QuoteSimple question: Does the 12 minute tune sets TPS zero position or not?
YEs or no would suffice.
no  .

thank you! :)
2000 Tiger 885i

metalguru

Quote from: "haroldo_psf"I DID NOT install the driver that came with the ODBII usb cable. I plugged it in and manually installed the driver on windows.

Could this be the problem??
Have you tried 'connect to ECU'?
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

My driver might not work with the latest software. Best to download latest TUNEECU and driverscthen you know you have compatibility.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Tom_Hamburg

Quote from: "haroldo_psf"I can't explain why my TuneECU won't connect to my ECU. I have the correct 2.06 TuneECU certified driver emailed to me by BixxerBob a year ago or so.
I DID NOT install the driver that came with the ODBII usb cable. I plugged it in and manually installed the driver on windows.
I then connected to the bike, turned on bike, fired TuneECU, and it doesn't connect. I power cycle the bike, still nothing. Re-start tuneecu, nothing.

Step by step.....

- Download the latest drivers from the FTDI site (WHQL Certified 2.08.24 Available as setup executable http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20824_Setup.exe )
- Download the FTDI-uninstall-utility from the TuneECU page ( http://www.tuneecu.com/Tunes_in_Hex_...aller_v1.4.zip )
- Disconnect your computer from the Internet.
- Uninstall the old driver with the FTDI-uninstall-utility (cable must be connected with your computer)
- Remove the cable from your computer
- Execute the setup.exe from the driver
- Plug the cable into the computers

If the cable is correct and intact, then your computer should the FTDI cable now detect and also TuneECU should the interface are detect.

If it still does not work, then it is with 99 percent certainty your cable defect.

BR, Tom
www.tuneecu.net
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Triumph Rocket Roadster