News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Boston Area - the non-rider friendly dealers

Started by smoketriples, April 25, 2012, 11:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoketriples

In Boston area for a week (work), rode up Sunday ...12 hours of freezing rain, that's another story.   Next day noticed the tourrance front, even though I had great tread when I left, had worn badly with nasty uneven cupping.  With a long ride home this coming weekend I decided that even with the rear looking great (3k left easy), the front didn't look good and i'd replace them.
So...called Performance Cycles a Triumph dealer.  Nope, even for a out of state rider needing assistance it'd be two weeks for a tire change service.   Riverside Moto, also Triumph, didn't answer their service line and didn't respond to voicemail, or their webform service appt request, but did add me to their spam list for product...thanks!  Greater Boston Motorsports, an everything but Triumph dealer, answered up right away, ordered my tires and set me an appt for Friday morning to get them put on.  Score one for the BMW, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki dealer.  Hopefully I'll report back that they figured out how to get them on :).     Funny thing, both of the Triumph dealers had used bikes that I really am jonesing for and have a few dollars burning a hole in my pocket....if they had answered up for the rider in distress I'd probably have ended up riding out on another bike.  As it is I'll just ride the faithful old 2000 Girly home with her new skins on....
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

Mustang

shoulda tried Great Bay in North Hampton , just over the line in NH , but ya got it sorted so good  enough .

couple years ago I was out in Los Angeles and the only place out of hundreds that would help me out with a chain was a Honda shop .
Most dealers are sanctimonious pricks who think their shit don't stink .

But in their defense this is a bad time of year in New England to try and schedule work as they are booked solid with everyone trying to get their bikes ready for the upcoming season .

cosmo

I say no defence. Looked at in the most cynical way possible, he was offering dosh that the dealer would never see unless he helped our man out. And he could spin a delay into a "I had to help the poor bloke out, he was from out of town...we'd do the same for you, too, ya know..."

Sanctimonious pricks is all they are.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

smoketriples

Yeh honestly I was a bit shocked.  Last road problem I had was having a pickup truck drop something on the road in front of me cutting the tire on my Sprint 1050 about 30 miles from Dallas.  1400 or so miles from home, pushed it quite a while to a ramp off the highway and a real nice gent at a gas station put several plugs in it just to hold air, enough to get me to town where a multibrand dealer took it right to the head of the line and put a tire on.  

Didn't hear anyone complain, bike was completely loaded down like it usually is and I looked like crap (heat, pushing motorcycle a ways, and i'm old), and the cut in the tire was impressive.

Lookin forward to tomorrow at GBM.  Called 'em today and the perky sounding lady answering at service was quick to verify the tires and tubes had arrived and they were ready for my appt.

<<<<update:   Really nice folks.  Mild foul up in that they ordered the Pilot Road 3 Trail instead of the Road 3 so I ended up putting out a little more dosh for the tires then I planned, since I have a dirt bike I was going with straight sport touring rubber but not a big issue.   Very fast service and nice people.  About $500 out the door with new tubes.
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

dr. jones

too bad the other dealers didn't respond - both have much better reps than GBM. i can't begin to count the horror stories (some of them mine) from that shop.

but glad it worked out in the end - sucks to be stuck out on the road. that said, i would check that GBM tightened all the bots. no, i'm not kidding.