News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Back on the road, again!

Started by Rocinante, April 26, 2012, 05:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocinante

Just a little update on Rocinante; After a whole winter without forks and whatnot, she´s back on the road with new(eh used) and overhauled forks, overhauled rear Øhlins shock, overhauled brakes, and new(eh used from the same bike as the forks) front lights and sub frame.

Both the forks, the sub frame and the front lights where damaged in the accident I had almost two years ago.

I have had a few test rides, and it all works well and feels a lot more smooth than it used to, both the brakes and the suspension. The bike still looks beaten up from missing paint and scratches everywhere, but that´s on the to-do list (some day).

But today I say Salud and Happy Riding from a cold and wet(but who cares as long as I can ride) Norway.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

BruKen

any water in the oil yet?  :twisted:

Rocinante

Sure, forgot to mention the oil/water-separator I installed in the sump. Works ilke a charm....:)

Naah, changed oil yesterday, just plain oil... So far.
www.dagjen.no

Nick Calne

Good to hear that Rocinante's back on the road. 8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

BruKen

Looks like I'm going to have to find a hat to chew then  :oops:

Glad she's back on the road. The weather here has been most foul too :cry:

Rocinante

Let´s hope it´s a nice and tasty hat...:)

I treated myself with a 3 hours gravel ride today, since two scheduled meetings/appointments were delayed, and though the weather was cold and wet, it confirmed the smooth feeling I mentioned before.

The suspension will get a final adjustment when I visit the shop that did the job, as part of the package, so it might improve further.

The front brakes are too good now, though, for gravel, and requires a very gentle touch. The rear brakes are just perfect. Btw, all I did to the brakes was to replace pistons and o-rings, the rear hose and fluids. It did marvels.
www.dagjen.no