News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Greetings and Salutations!

Started by nadahonda, April 28, 2012, 10:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nadahonda

Hello, I am a brand new member and I just wanted to introduce myself.... :wave

I must admit, right now, at this moment, I do not own a tiger. :cry:

But that will be changing in less than 24 hrs.   :D

I have found these type of forums to be a great source of support and inspiration, so I wanted to share the journey of my 1st Tiger with everyone....

Some background:

Currently I ride a 1978 Honda CX500: (hence the clever screen-name)

It has been a great first bike, one I have rode the snot out of for the last 2 1/2 years. I had been riding a 08 CRF450X (unplated) prior to this bike.

The CX was my first venture into being a licensed rider, and I quickly developed a major passion for exploring the world in this wonderful new fashion. I rode all the excellent back roads around the Gorge and took about a million photos....I had found something that I didn't know had been missing in my life, adventuring. While these have been relatively small rides, they have felt like adventures to me, and I knew I should get a good pair of riding legs under me before even thinking about getting a "real"  bike and going on a "real" adventure.

So I went on rides like these:

sometimes with bikes like these:

And when I did ride with those kind of bikes, I was envious. I loved my CX, but I longed to ride a modern, more capable machine. At that point I didn't know what kind of bike I wanted to move up to - just that at some point I would have to.

I am part of another popular moto site, and about one year ago exactly, I went to my first gathering with that crowd -my first moto-gathering ever!

and no, I did not pack all that on the CX. I was part of the entertainment and had set up camp from my car earlier so I had a place to store my drums.

I was meeting fellow riders from the website, most for the first time, and it was great! Cool people, cool bikes....

After a successful first evening, I was surprised and elated to be asked to lead a ride for a couple of guys who wanted to stick to a mostly paved route. This was awesome, it was pretty much a perfect day weather-wise, and since my CX couldn't go on the other planned dual-sport route, I thought I would be riding by myself for the day.

Enter this guy named Sasquatch and his buddy Mark.

Sasquatch had this strange green Triumph machine and Mark had a Vstrom as I remember. First time I had seen a Tiger or a Triumph up close. Hmm...very interesting....

At any rate, off we went. I just improvised the route, stitching together roads I know. It was a fantastic day...

Just after this shot, Sasquatch hit the throttle hard and just FLEW by me, the triple engine making such a different, sweet sound....I think that was the moment I knew: THAT was the bike I was looking for... Not only was the sound impressive, but the way the bike picked up Sasquatch and launched him (Sasquatch is NOT a misnomer) was just amazing. Oh yes, I would own one of these bikes, one day....

And so, since that day, I have dreamed of the Tiger I would eventually have. In talking more with Sasquatch, I learned that I could probably find a nice 2000 in the $3000-$4000 range. I haven't been looking in earnest, rather, just keeping an eye on the market. I figured I would be riding my CX for at least another couple of years before I had the money.

So, earlier this week,  I was checking out the flea-market on aforementioned other popular site, and there it was! A 2000 in excellent shape with a bunch of goodies for $3000......"Oh yes, you will be mine" unconsciously tumbled from my lips in that husky/reverent way...

So I got my ducks in row in short order and tomorrow morning I am heading out to pick up this sexy,sexy beast and ride her back to her new home, with me:

:wings

This Tiger will be my entry into modern day adventure-touring, I cannot even fathom what it will be like having a 22 year jump in technology under me, but I'm gonna find out soon!

Well, that about wraps up my introduction here, looking forward to sharing   my new adventures on my new Tiger with y'all....
"Ride the Tiger. You can see his stripes, but you know he\'s clean"
-Ronnie James Dio -R.I.P-
\\m/(o.o)\\m/
2000 Tiger 885i
1978 Honda CX500

rf9rider

Nice first post, enjoy your Tiger  :)

Mustang

welcome .ya did good ,

PeteH

`kin nora..most newbies just say hi :wink:

Great write up....and enjoy the 885 they realy are a nice machine  :thumbsup
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Sin_Tiger

That's some introduction, welcome. You're lucky getting the right help with your first choice.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aeronca

welcome aboard 8)  now that you have the tiger, you cafe that cx.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Nick Calne

BOOM! What a first post.  Welcome.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JTT

I had a CX back in the day...my first street bike.  Great bike, but your gonna LOVE the Tiger  8)
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "nadahonda".... so I had a place to store my drums....

:ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

Welcome mate, you're gonna fit right in here..... :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Colonel Nikolai

Great first post. The bike looks great: black is the fastest anyway. Just ask Mustang.

Sasquatch rebuilt my suspension on my 96 Tiger. It changed the bike radically for the better. If he's handy on a trip you might ask him to take yours for a ride to check out the suspension. It might be 22 years newer than the CX, but it's still 13 years old.  :wink:
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

nadahonda

Thanks Everyone - just finished the 250 mile ride home.

About all I can muster for now is: Wow.

...more later
"Ride the Tiger. You can see his stripes, but you know he\'s clean"
-Ronnie James Dio -R.I.P-
\\m/(o.o)\\m/
2000 Tiger 885i
1978 Honda CX500

Sin_Tiger

Wow indeed, we have our own resident Keith Moon 8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

topher0268

Welcome aboard .....

And PLEASE tell us you're going to keep that gorgeous example of a classic Honda!!!! Beautiful bike ...
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

mat-tiger1

nadahonda wrote:-
Sasquatch hit the throttle hard and just FLEW by me, the triple engine making such a different, sweet sound....I think that was the moment I knew: THAT was the bike I was looking for... [/quote]

Welcome aboard nadahonda :D

From now on it'll be you flying past other riders & giving them them same yearning for the bike they're really looking for :D

Enjoy... 8)
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.