News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Some tiger upgrades..

Started by amschnellsten, May 01, 2012, 03:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amschnellsten

Finally put some new rubber on, this is my second set and I love them.

Finished wiring my lights

I got my hand guards on and some touratech farings. You can also see the fender in the back ground that I am using for my high fender mount.

Added a volt guage to monitor the electrics. Not bad, I am pulling 13.6 at idle and 14.0 under throttle with the lights on.

My high mount fender that I got had a gloss black finish so I blasted it to make it match the side panels and turn signal plastics. It turned out perfect. I have started the brackets and I am just about done. I am making my own stainless brake lines and I have not got to that yet.

Tuned a bit more, since adding the tor exhaust.

I am building a engine guard for the bottom since I can not find one. Does anyone still sell one for the 885? I am also going to fab up some pannier mounts for some happy trail bags I got from a previous bike. I think I will make them out of stainless but I still have to figure some attachment points.

PeteH

Bike looks great...seems to be an influx of yellow girlies lately...so we need another poll on which colours the fastest :)

Those tyres look plenty meaty but I think you may need a bit more illumination at the front :wink:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

amschnellsten

I am scared of the dark so I need the extra lighting.  :shock:

blacktiger

Quote from: "amschnellsten"I am making my own stainless brake lines and I have not got to that yet.

Have you checked that they're not already braided hoses? My 2002 955i certainly has them as standard. They have a black plastic coating on them which fools some people.

I use those Heidenaus on my 800XC too. Great all round tyre. Can get great mileage out of them too if you're easy on the throttle.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

PeteH

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "amschnellsten"I am making my own stainless brake lines and I have not got to that yet.

Have you checked that they're not already braided hoses? My 2002 955i certainly has them as standard. They have a black plastic coating on them which fools some people.

Ditto that...my 99ers got braided stainless too.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "blacktiger"

Have you checked that they're not already braided hoses? My 2002 955i certainly has them as standard. They have a black plastic coating on them.......

He's not alone in thinking that, see here:
http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... =stainless

To my knowledge the Girlies all have braided hoses as standard....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

looks like he's mounting a high front fender so will need to get rid of the silly crossover hose anyway .................

amschnellsten

Quote from: "Mustang"looks like he's mounting a high front fender so will need to get rid of the silly crossover hose anyway .................

Yep, I am making new lines because of the high fender and I can make them cheaper than buying another long one. Unless someone has a long one that they want to get rid of.

jblausey

What tires are those?  They look nice.

JB
Motorcycles and SCUBA just not at the same time.

LTB

The tires are Heidenau K60 Scout.
Good on gravel and longer lasting than TKC 80 or Metzeler Karoo T.
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

amschnellsten

Yep k60s. I really like these tires, good handling and wear for a more aggressive tire. I used tkcs on my old GS and they handle mud a little better but the k60s do hold their own.

brad1098

Have been wanting to try those tires.  Cant find a place to buy the Heidenaus.  So where did ya get them?
02 black-Lorna

amschnellsten

Quote from: "brad1098"Have been wanting to try those tires.  Cant find a place to buy the Heidenaus.  So where did ya get them?

This is where I got them...........
http://www.heindlengineering.com/

amschnellsten

So I finally did some work on the high fender today.........

Here is the beginning of the fender mount. I had an old aluminum skid plate from my Audi rally car and cut this out of it

Here It is taking shape to the fender.

I used an aluminum heat sink from the scrap yard to space the fender down. I mounted the bracket to the bike with 2" 8.8 6x1.0 bolts. The fender is mounted to the bracket with 4 large and one small stainless allen pan head bolts.

here you can see the heat sink I used as a spacer.

here is the fender mounted before some tweaking but I think it turned out pretty good. I am still running half of the lower fender until I make my brake lines.

amschnellsten

I lowered the bike a bit just to get at least a little better footing. I ended up with a very upright bike on the side Stand. I cut an inch of the side stand and welded the foot pad back on. What a difference. I will add a larger foot pad for soft surfaces.
The bike regained it's lean.