News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I need an Oil pan/Sump for a Girly! HELP!

Started by yetiman, May 13, 2012, 10:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yetiman

Oh man today sucked! I purchased a used Girly a few months ago and went to change the Oil in it for the first time and when I removed the drain plug I noticed a little hairline fracture, Im guessing the PO took a rock or a hit or over tightened something.............soooo any one have one?

jnutiger

Head on over to Ebay and search for "955i oil pan".  There seems to be no shortage.  Next, go to Bike Bandit and cross reference your needed Tiger part number with the ones for sale.  You should be able to come up with a match.  For example, Bike Bandit shows that a 2002 Street Triple oil pan having the same part number as your 2006.   Click the link below for a head start.  Remember, the part you're searching for is in the transmission section.  Good luck.

<!-- m -->http://www.bikebandit.com/2006-triumph- ... #sch569753<!-- m -->

2006 Tiger

yetiman

Thanks your awesome!

yetiman

Any idea where I can get a gasket for the sump quicker then two weeks?

Sin_Tiger

Make one, seriously. If you don't have some thick card, a bit thicker than the one you took off, just get some from your local stationery store. Lightly grease the joint surface, lay the sump down on it and press, cut some of the holes out. If you don't hassle any was punches you can make do with a short piece of pipe sharpened. Put a few bolts in to hold the position and rub round the edges with the curved edge of a spanner to get a nice clean mark, don't be tempted to tap a you will damage the alloy. Cut around the lines and you're done.you can use some blue Hylomar if you think it needs it but if your surfaces are good a light coat of grease is as good.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

yetiman

Thanks again,  I have already pulled out the a roll of gasket film, but the heavy cards stock is a great idea.  :thumbsup

jnutiger

Give Freedom Cycle in Reno a call.  I've delt with them in the past and am willing to bet that if they don't have the part, they will track one down for you or at lease give you some good leads. A great family owned business.

http://www.freedomcyclereno.com/
2006 Tiger

yetiman

Thanks for all the help, ended up making one last night. Just did the test ride, everything seems to be working find and no leaks :hello2

jnutiger

Glad to hear it worked out for you.  If you are still planning on a long trip in another week, it might be in your best interest to go for a long ride (hour or two) and recheck for leaks. That gasket patern has a few bends and curves.  Enjoy the trip.
2006 Tiger

yetiman

Quote from: "jnutiger"Glad to hear it worked out for you.  If you are still planning on a long trip in another week, it might be in your best interest to go for a long ride (hour or two) and recheck for leaks. That gasket patern has a few bends and curves.  Enjoy the trip.

Jnutiger-Thats the plan thanks for all the input. I do have a big trip planned I leave sunday the 27th. I did about an hour ride last night and all seemed good to go, but I am planning another ride sometime this weekend.

I am trying to lay the plans for a trip into your neck of the woods in the next couple of years  :D

jnutiger

Sounds good regarding the pan.  Check out my info on the link below.  Have room for you or anyone else who may be passing through.  Ride safe.  KK

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7389
2006 Tiger

yetiman

Quote from: "jnutiger"Sounds good regarding the pan.  Check out my info on the link below.  Have room for you or anyone else who may be passing through.  Ride safe.  KK

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7389

Thanks for the offer and the thread I had never noticed that thread before.