News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Licensing law changes in January 2013

Started by Festus, May 26, 2012, 12:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festus

Most of us on this site won't be affected by this (other than possibly enjoying safer roads), but CamRider is sending out the following details, to take effect in January:

LAW CHANGES 19/1/2013

Options from 19th January 2013

Process = Motorcycle theory test, CBT, Module 1, Module 2
A1. At age 17+: You can take your test on a learner 125cc bike
Pass this and you can just ride a 125cc - nothing above! You now have to wait for 2 years or until you reach 19 years of age where you can either stay on just the 125cc bike or take training and the next stage of test
(A2):

A2. At age 19+: You can take your test on a 400cc learner bike
Pass this and you can ride a bike up to 46.6 Bhp. You can restrict any motorcycle to this power so long as the original manufacturer's declared output was less than 92 Bhp. Large bikes such as Honda CBR1000, Suzuki GSX1000, Triumph Sprint etc. are not allowed. Now wait a minimum of 2 years to qualify for the next test, or reach the right age bracket. You can now choose to stay on your restricted bike or take training and test in the next stage of test (A):

A. At 24: You can take your test on a 600cc motorcycle
Pass this test and you can ride any bike, any size, any power.
"To a full moon on a dark night, and the road downhill all the way to your door."

PeteH

And you wonder why there`s no young riders taking up riding... But its ok to pass your car test and drive like a tw*t, just the the 17y old girl who took out one of our crew a couple of days ago  :evil:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

NKL

We all know these law making twats hate us motorcyclist, this is just one way of getting rid of us.
You wouldn't think we had a motorcycle manufacturer in this country, are they trying to kill them off?
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

metalguru

AAAARRRGGG This really does make me very angry as bikers in this so called free country are targeted yet again.
Don't get me wrong as I am all for the correct rider training and safe, fun riding, BUT I have two sons of 8 & 11 yo who can ride extremly well albeit off road who are safe considerate talented riders who are looking forward to riding on the road when they come of age, who are now mighty pi**ed off by these rediculous new laws. We all try to encourage new riders to our hobby/lifestyle but it is now getting difficult. Where is this process for cars? It has been a long belief round my neck of the woods that all car drivers as part of their 'education' should spend at least a day on a motorcycle to see the stupidness and barriers we are up against.

Anyone know of a nice house for sale in Texas........Just have to convince the thing that will be obeyed.......erm this could take some time.

Sorry ranting again!!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.