News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sigh, carbs again

Started by Rocinante, May 29, 2012, 08:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harre

Mustang keeps all our bikes running!  :headbang

nightrunner

Glad you got it sorted Dag.  One thing that will make life easier when working on the carbs is to get some wheel bearing grease or petroleum jelly and apply a layer on the inside of all six rubber boots where they slip over the carbs.  With the grease the air box pops off and on easily as do the carbs.   It also makes an air-tight seal.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

Bixxer Bob

I used washing up liquid but the result was the same!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Rocinante

I normally use a a bit of WD40. The problem with these boots is age, first of all, and the fact that the middle boot get bent every time the carbs goes in or out.

In between work and problem solving, I rebuilt the rear wheel to 18 inches, which looks better due to the very tall rear fender. See the image attached. How it behaves off the tarmac, remains to be tested. I´ll be going into the mountains for an annual gravel and trekking trip in a week´s time. Looking forward to that...:)
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

metalguru

Nice looking bike.
Glad to hear it's sorted.
WD40 will not have helped these inlet pipes as it is known to rot the material.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Rocinante

Quote from: "metalguru"WD40 will not have helped these inlet pipes as it is known to rot the material.
I might use grease the next time... :roll:
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com