News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ecosse Woes

Started by Spud, June 03, 2012, 08:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

bike been seen by my mechanic and I need a new Stator, RR and battery. So it's going in for that work and a set of spot lights whilst it's being serviced as well cheers Spud  :wink:

metalguru

While he is in there get him to do the wireing job as the age of the Tigers now will warrant the work, just think as to WHY it has taken out the whole charging circuit.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Spud

Quote from: "metalguru"While he is in there get him to do the wireing job as the age of the Tigers now will warrant the work, just think as to WHY it has taken out the whole charging circuit.

All ready spoken to him about it cheers Spud  :wink:

Chris Canning

The first time I ever saw a post about the same as this thread I've been collecting parts,they always come cheaper when you don't need e'm.

But was pleasantly suprised when I had my connectors apart still greased up athough the metal was a little dull.

metalguru

Quote from: "Chris Canning"But was pleasantly suprised when I had my connectors apart still greased up athough the metal was a little dull.

Chris it seems to be the cable that gives a high resistance as well as our Tigers are getting to the age where the made for price loom is deteriorating causing further resistance. Best to replace charging loom with copper.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

Chris Canning

Funny you should say that,because the moment the old girl needs to stuff like that doing to it, it'll get pensioned off which because of a recent phone call about another bike may or may not be sooner than I thought,very complicated!!.

metalguru

Not saying all girlies are going to need a rewire after 7-10yrs BUT in the case of the Sasquatch mod it seems daft not to.

Pray tell Chris.....the simplified version please,only one brain cell here.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

Chris Canning

The bike in question doesn't matter,for you guys who don't share motorcycling with your other half it can be both a blessing and a complication,when it comes to bikes I'm cold blooded,sadly my wife isn't,her opinion is why sell e'm we don't need the money and are a familly hierloom!!,were mine is 'We could do with the room' although I will admit the joy of running an old bike like the tiger it's worth nothing so financially it's not a hassle,we'll see  :roll:

Spud

Hopefully get my bike back today, 24000 miles service and charging system sorting cant wait cheers Spud

Sin_Tiger

Fingers crossed, hope the surge hasn't damaged anything else, worth a good going over if you can afford the time and effort. From what I see it's p'ing down so best stay indoors for a bit anyway  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

So far the only thing that has been picked up is dust seals on the brakes and the guy wants to put the latest tune on it as the engine warning light is on so he want to check the ecu. New spots being fitted so I should be a happy boy come tuesday when I get it back. Then back to Ecosse to finish the run to Ullapool cheers spud  :wink:

Spud

It turns out the stator was completly fried and new one being fitted, RR was not very nice either. cheers Spud  :wink:

Spud

Got the bike back about an hour ago so had to give it a little test  :twisted:   it's been a bit of a job for my mechanic mate, new stator fitted did'nt seem to be charging right. Second one fitted seems to be good. RR did'nt seem to want to play either to start with.
Set of spots fitted bulb on one blew so they went back
New battery purchased and that did'nt even get to the bike as that would'nt take a charge.
Good news original chain and sprockets still good with 25k plus miles on it.   :roll:

cheers Spud  :wink:

Sin_Tiger

You like doing things twice  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

metalguru

Quote from: "Spud"Got the bike back about an hour ago so had to give it a little test  :twisted:   it's been a bit of a job for my mechanic mate, new stator fitted did'nt seem to be charging right. Second one fitted seems to be good. RR did'nt seem to want to play either to start with.
Set of spots fitted bulb on one blew so they went back
New battery purchased and that did'nt even get to the bike as that would'nt take a charge.
Good news original chain and sprockets still good with 25k plus miles on it.   :roll:

cheers Spud  :wink:

Have you got a strange magnetic field where you live,
doubt if it is extra sunspot activity. :ImaPoser
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers