News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

loose head bearins

Started by rybes, June 03, 2012, 05:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Another thing, when you buy the bearings, are you asking for Tiger ones or asking for whatever bike the stem came off?

rybes

i forgot to take em to a bearin shop bob. i did have my micrometer on it and they all seem the same with no appreciable signs of wear.

this is the bearin kit i got for ut, seems to fit almost every triumph ever made rf. http://www.allballsracing.com/22-1053.html

yesty i wound it up till the bearin jus started to nip up and ive left it like that at the more. has a small clonk but not much. MOT today so ill let ya know if it was god enough or if im cryin cos it failed on em
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

rybes

yes it did thanks  :thumbsup  and i got a compliment too. after all this greif ive had with the brakes and just how bad the lever feels. i got told its better than a lot of new bikes he has come in. 72% efficent apparantly. its funny, cos as soon as he told me that my brakes worked real well lol. so could it all have been in my head.  :hat10

rf9rider

Result!

Anything said about the head bearings?

rybes

well, no. id tightened em up to take all the play out. made the steerin a bit stiff but not still enough to fail  :hat10
loosened em off tday. have you ever ridden a bike with tight headbearins ? not recomended