News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Which tune?

Started by yamaha6, June 15, 2012, 08:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamaha6

Hi
Can anybody point me it the right direction for the map i need for my Tiger 885I?
I have done the air box mod and have done some work on my end can to make it more like a TOR.
I am looking to load the off road map but do not know which it is for my bike.
Please help!!!!!

Regards Alan

Bixxer Bob

Need to know your vin number, if you have a catalyst in the exhaust and the type of ECU. With these I can point you in the right direction.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

yamaha6

Hi BB
The vin No is smttg700nky092947
The exhaust i am presuming has a cat in it.What i have done is replaced the collector box with a link pipe and opened end can up by punching a hole down the centre of the can and then drilled several holes in the end behind the end cover.
How can i tell which ecu i have?the label on the top is water damaged and i can not make any details out.It has two connector going into it.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Just take it steady with what you are doing,I started the airbox mod off but that was with a 955 not an 855,having had a 855 they are different,the motor revs a lot less for a start.

Will the mod be any different,I wouldn't have thought so,but your on a learning curve like I was,I'd be inclined to put a proper aftermarket can on and then you'll know exactly were you are with the map.

Bixxer Bob

Wise words Chris.  There's a lot of potential for him to get it wrong if he's not done one before. Conversely, there's loads of good advice, which is easy enough to find, if he wants to take it.

yamaha6

Thanks for the map.
I have not done a map change before but i have had a play with the soft ware,changed the fan temp,checked for errors and cleared them but not much else.
I have a copy of the Manuel and have gone through it a few times.

metalguru

A complete understanding is not an understatement, when I had my 855 it took quite a bit of 'fettling' of the map to get it right. By removeing the collector can in itself will remove torque from the lower rev range. With a bit of work on the maps an illusion can be created that this torque has been replaced....just saying incase.
Found with mine I was changing the A/F maps and if I remember rightly some parts were changed by 1% and some areas by as much as 8%. When you get it wrong it does 20mpg(uk).....don't ask!
Eventually it came good but bear in mind they are harder to tune than the later bikes, with patience being a virtue
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

yamaha6

I am not wanting to alter any parts of a map,just thought i would be able to load the map BB has suggested and this would be OK.

metalguru

Read the map installed first before loading or changing anything, no harm in trying the new map just advising to be careful and also could be some adjusting to do.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

yamaha6

Going to save my map first before i try anything.

yamaha6

New map installed and old one saved to my laptop.bike is running and seems OK.do i need to reset anything else?

benebob

Quote from: "yamaha6"New map installed and old one saved to my laptop.bike is running and seems OK.do i need to reset anything else?

Yes you need to fly over the pond, install the same map onto my 885i and while your at it stop by your local TVR windshield distributor and put a Tasmin windshield in your carry on bag for me. :wink:

Let me know how the map turns out for ya as it may be just the one I need as well.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "yamaha6"New map installed and old one saved to my laptop.bike is running and seems OK.do i need to reset anything else?

No, it should be fine. just ride the damn thing! :lol:

yamaha6

UPDATE
I have just ridden the dam thing and

WOW

I cannot believe the difference.
Pulls a lot smoother and picks her feet up a lot quicker and really crisp.
I will have to see what it has done to the MPG.

So just to re cap what i have done:-
1.Done the air box mod
2.Fitted a K&N filter
3.Put iridium plugs in.
4.Replaced the collector box on the exhaust for a straight link pipe.
5.Opened the silencer to let it flow better.
6.Loaded a new map that BB recommended.

Thanks for all the advice and help from you guy,s above.

Alan