News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Levers

Started by MAC, June 22, 2012, 01:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAC

I've recently seen the light and got hold of one of the last 955i Tigers and love it.

However I really miss the span adjusters of my last bike, can anyone confirm of the levers are the same as the 97-03 Daytonas as I can easily source after market levers with span adjusters for them but not as easily for the Tiger.

Thanks

MAC

yamaha6

Mac
I bought some of these( item number on ebay170661337886)for my 885i tiger.Do not be put off by the price as they are really good quality.

Alan

MAC

Thanks Alan, just what I was looking for and similar if not identical to the ones a mate just got for a similar price.

oxnsox

When I had to get a replacement brake lever for the other halfs Versys I got a 'generic' one and tried it (first) on the Girly... just what I needed. So it's likely there's plenty of options for your right hand.

Haven't done the clutch side, but it's on the 'some-time' list
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MAC

Took a while to get things across to the seller as I referred to the bike as a Tiger 955i, to which they said they don't fit, they only fit the Tiger EFI bike produced between 99-2006  :roll:

MAC

The new levers arrived yesterday and I have to say they seem to be really good quality and are well packaged

Putts255

I got a set very similar, if not identical to these and I cannot get them to fit under my factory hand guards.

Did you manage to get them on?
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

MAC

I don't have the standard guards on my Tiger, I have the endurance type ones

Stitch

Buyer beware for fitment. I ordered a set which originated from China (ebay auction which looks like the ones in the above picture). Shipped to my door within 10 days and the quality of the milling looks good. I started with my brake lever first and had no fitment problem. Off and on within minutes.

When I moved to install the clutch however I had to do some "refinement" to have the lever fit properly. (1) The hole for the shoulder bolt was at 10mm while the brake lever was at 8mm. Fortunately the OE brake lever had a bronze bushing so I pressed it out; drilled the new lever; and pressed the bushing in.Pivot solved.(2) The thickness of the lever was thinner than the OE lever. A few stainless washer shimmed it up to where it was satisfactory to where the lever wont walk up and down the shoulder bolt.(3) The material around the shoulder bolt area (boss) was too thick when fitted into the pocket to where the lever is mounted. Some aluminum removal around the area kept it from binding. All in all I am glad I went with adjustable levers. My goal was attained to custom tune my hand fit upon the levers while riding. I would weigh other brands before committing to these, however it could have been a mis-ship on the clutch lever. Doubtful though since the dimensions line up to exercise the cable.

Food for thought for those considering replacements. Sorry... I did not take any picts on this mod.
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

Stitch

Almost forgot....with my levers I ordered a set of the enduro hand guards. I had to slightly space the guards at the attachment point to the aluminum block that bolts to the bars (more for clutch lever clearance than brake lever clearance).  Glad I did the new guards too. In my climate, I needed the air flow, they look cleaner, and I don't mind the added protection.
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

Easy Tiger

Just fitted some Pazzo levers (straight swap) and some Acerbis hand guards, so far so good.
2002 Triumph Tiger 955i

Spud

Yes I use Pazzo levers as well  good bits of kit cheers Spud  :wink:

pineygroveshop

Quote from: "Putts255"I got a set very similar, if not identical to these and I cannot get them to fit under my factory hand guards.

Did you manage to get them on?

I ordered them also and am having the same problem with them fitting under the handguard.  Did you sort it out?
Cheers,
Stephen

LTB

I ordered a set of the2wheels levers. Long version in blue :-)

They fit perfectly without any modification. Real quality! I love them.
I think you would have to modify the OEM mouse ears,
but I have Triumph 1050 hand guards and everything worked and looked fine!
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"