News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Trophy

Started by metalguru, June 25, 2012, 08:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Quote from: "metalguru"It is ironic that the design of the brick first appeared many years ago from the engineering team at Aerial. There is still one Red Leader in the museum in Birmingham (UK). However their design wasn't put into full production as it had 'problems'. Makes you think..........

I had one...... and yes it did have problems but not that many

i think by aerial standards the leader and arrow(stripped down 'sports' version) was in full production,

at that time the british bike industry was doing the full enclosed look not just aerial

worst bit, single leading shoe front brake. actuated by the outer cable pushing on the lever.

best bit, the look on fuel pump attendants (yes they had them when i was a lad) faces when you flipped open the flap on the tank to get your bottle of 2 stroke oil out
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Thanks for the info.

To get back OT and avoid a total hijack  :oops:

If the engine is anything like the Dora they will have a winner, that's before we star talking about the handling etc. I just hope the electronics are top notch, i.e. not Italian  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

FoothillRyder

To me the frontal view looks like a mish-mosh of Beemer's latest and Wing, and 650 lbs might do it for some people (after all, it *is* lighter than a Wing); but I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping my '97 Trophy 3.  

8)
- FoothillRyder

'97 Trophy 3, '98 Tiger, '96 Sprint
AMA 289558, COP# 0001, BIR# 47
www.foothillryder.com