News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Wheel Spindle/Axle Issue

Started by jnutiger, July 02, 2012, 06:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnutiger

Hello all

I have an issue with my 2006 Tiger that I'm hoping some one can help me with.  As seen in the photo, both the tube spacer as well as the top hat spacer on the spindle assembly have developed grooves 360 deg. around them.  The grooves are being cut by the oil seals.  I flipped the tube spacer about 3000 miles ago, so that is why the cuts are symmetrical on both sides.  The bike has 15,000 miles on it and the affected parts are all original.  Any ideas on the cause?

One other question.  Can the seals be purchase after market or will they need to be picked up through Triumph.  If after market, does any one have a part number.  

Thanks

The spacers are 18 and 22 at the link below.

http://www.bikebandit.com/2006-triumph- ... #sch569771
2006 Tiger

Timbox2

Mine were the same mate, my guess is that the spacers are made from a very soft alloy and road grit combines with the grease on the lip of the seal and hey presto.

Bearings I bought from a bearing supplier, but got the seals gen Triumph.

You can look the sizes of the seals up here on the Triumph Parts lists, I just couldnt be bothered for £20.

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_m ... _03=232917
2016 Tiger Sport

chairhead

:shock: Glad i got steel spacers,i too have grooves but nothing like that
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

jnutiger

timbox

Thanks for the information.  Nice to know that others have seen the problem.  If any one else has had the same problem and found a solution, I'd love to hear about it.
2006 Tiger