News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

IACV question

Started by robxxxx, July 08, 2012, 04:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robxxxx

Just had the tank off to check the throttle body balance and do the airbox mod on my 05. I have spent the last couple of days reading about the iacv on the forums, and while everyone and his mum says not to use WD40, I still cant puzzle out which bit I should need to clean/lubricate. I have cleaned the white plunger and the bore that it fits into. But should I be trying to do any more?
And any thoughts on the Pipercross air filter? I notice a certain lack of enthusiasm for the K&N.

Bixxer Bob

No, you've prettymuch done all there is to do. Some use PTFE dry lube but I've not done that.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

PeteH

Quote from: "robxxxx"And any thoughts on the Pipercross air filter? I notice a certain lack of enthusiasm for the K&N.

Fitted a K&N earlier this year...certainly gives my Tigger an xtra umph.
Check out the web site..www.knfilters.com/filtercharger.htm
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

robxxxx

Thanks Bob. I think I have some silicone based stuff. But noticed that one local cheap shop had some ptfe lube for a couple of quid, so will get some.
Pete, I had considered it, as its a few quid cheaper than the Pipercross at triumph online. But some of the older posts I read through mentioned that the K&N seemed to have some holes in it that would allow larger debris to enter the throttle bodies.