News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ANOTHER DEAD STATOR

Started by dino246, July 19, 2012, 01:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Only with a Triumph would you need to be this inventive...

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Split charge relay should do the job, try looking in the 4X4 magazines or failing that boating mags. Got one on my narrowboat, switches current from the engine battery to the leisure batteries.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Spud

My bike died whilst I was in scotland, it's the first time it's played up in six years of ownership. So it's still a keeper, one break down in 6 years not bad as far as I'm concerned if it goes another 6 years I'll be a happy man cheers spud  :wink:

jphish

I would imagine, if running off 'spare' battery, disabeling headlights would be a good idea?

Alan Spears

A friend of mine is designing a system that with a flip of a switch I can switch to my backup battery and cut power to all other accessories except brake light.
If there is anyone who would like to suggest such a setup, please post your idea, my friend is not a professional electrician

Sin_Tiger

There's a guy in Taiwan I was in touch with last year who makes Assn electronic'relay' that keeps the beams off until the ECU gets a run signal, aimed at Bonnies I was tempted to get one to try to adapt to the Steamer loom.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint