News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pouring out petrol !!

Started by treewright, July 21, 2012, 09:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treewright

More problems, the bike is running well but has aflat spot at 5000 and again at around 6000. If I leave the fuel tap open it pours out petrol I take it that means carb overhaul time, what do I need to do? [/b]
1983 landrover 110 3.5 turbo diesel,yamaha xt600 tenere 1987,triumph tiger 885 carb 94,95?

Mustang

you either have a stuck/bad float or just some crud in the float bowl keeping a float needle from closing , carbs out and good cleaning or you may be able to just open the float bowl drains and the debris will wash out .

treewright

Quote from: "Mustang"you either have a stuck/bad float or just some crud in the float bowl keeping a float needle from closing , carbs out and good cleaning or you may be able to just open the float bowl drains and the debris will wash out .
Thanks sounds like Sunday morning stinking of petrol again ! :grnb  :grnb  :grnb
1983 landrover 110 3.5 turbo diesel,yamaha xt600 tenere 1987,triumph tiger 885 carb 94,95?

Gadge

I had the same thing with mine,I guess I was lucky and had an easy fix,I turned the fuel off and ran the engine until the carbs were empty.Its been as right as rain since,thought you might try an easy option to see if that works before a strip down.
Gary