News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer running problem

Started by MarkShelley, July 24, 2012, 05:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkShelley

Chucked a small amount  of seafoam in the tank as I only had a gallon or so of fuel in the tank. After stuttering and nearly dieing for 18 miles it suddenly burst into life and all appears to be well again! I will have to make sure I use it every few days. Not easy with 6 biukes in the garage!
This ole World keeps spinning round, it`s a wonder tall trees aint layin down.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid racing moped!
Yamaha DT50MX

rf9rider

One of my reasons to run the bike regularly if i can`t get out and actually ride it  :)

MIMbox

In my experience, it would have cleared after that mileage without the Seafoam. Mine does exactly the same, and as I ride infrequently, its fairly common. I dont even worry now, just ride with choke until it settles. Based on info on Ethanol in UK petrol from Bruken, it may be worth trying a higher octane  fuel, which should have lower Ethanol levels, which seems to fit with the US riders having proportionally more issues per bike, and having higher Ethanol content in the US fuel..Possibly..And of course, ride often..